Sreesanth says he is confident of getting a clean chit
Kochi: Indian pacer S Sreesanth, who is out on bail after being arrested for being allegedly involved in the IPL spot-fixing case, today said he was confident of getting a clean chit in the case.
"Even my enemies should not suffer this fate," Sreesanth, who arrived here this morning at the nearby Nedumbassery airport from Delhi, told reporters.
"I got bail yesterday. I am confident of getting a clean chit... Even my enemies should not suffer this fate," he said, adding he had no role in the spot-fixing episode.
Police and CISF security had a tough time in bringing the cricketer out of the airport as a huge crowd of fans, onlookers and media personnel had gathered to receive him.
"I am happy to be here. I can meet my people," an emotional Sreesanth, who arrived here after spending 27 days in Tihar jail, said.
Sreesanth and Rajasthan Royals teammate Ankeet Chavan were released on bail last evening. However, another RR player Ajit Chandila has not applied for bail.
The three were arrested on May 16, along with 11 bookies, from Mumbai by Delhi police and charged under Indian Penal Code Section 420 and 120B, which deal with fraud, cheating and criminal conspiracy.
Sreesanth, who arrived here around 9.20 AM, said he wants to forget the travails of the past few days and spend time with his parents, friends and fans.
"I have done no wrong, believe me. I will continue my training," he said.
Asked about his days in Tihar Jail, his reply was that none should face such a situation and that he did not want to be reminded of it.
As the cricketer, clutching a `ponnada` (shawl) gifted to him by a fan at the airport, reached his sister`s home at nearby Tripunithura, to meet his parents, his fans garlanded him. `Sreesanth ki Jai` they shouted, braving the rains.
It was an emotional moment for his parents as they received their son and hugged him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'