Sreesanth seeks solace in Shirdi after another controversy
New Delhi: A day after the ghost of 2008 `Slapgate` tumbled out, controversial fast bowler S Sreesanth today sought divine blessings by visiting the Sai Baba shrine in Shirdi, Maharashtra.
Sreesanth, on Firday, revealed that all the `Slapgate` claims were far from truth as he was never slapped by his then India teammate Harbhajan Singh. Instead, Sreesanth said that he was elbowed by the senior off-spinner.
Sreesanth said he wants to move forward and won`t speak more on the issue.
"I dont want to say anything more as I am playing in IPL. I just shared my feelings and came here to do the same. I want to do well in the matches ahead. I want to work hard to make a comeback to Indian side for the South Africa tour," he told reporters outside the shrine.
Before speaking to media, Sreesanth wrote about his visit to Shirdi on his twitter page.
"Om Sai ram..Had a gr8 darshan @shirdi ..It`s all gods grace," he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan