Sreesanth seeks solace in Shirdi after another controversy
New Delhi: A day after the ghost of 2008 `Slapgate` tumbled out, controversial fast bowler S Sreesanth today sought divine blessings by visiting the Sai Baba shrine in Shirdi, Maharashtra.
Sreesanth, on Firday, revealed that all the `Slapgate` claims were far from truth as he was never slapped by his then India teammate Harbhajan Singh. Instead, Sreesanth said that he was elbowed by the senior off-spinner.
Sreesanth said he wants to move forward and won`t speak more on the issue.
"I dont want to say anything more as I am playing in IPL. I just shared my feelings and came here to do the same. I want to do well in the matches ahead. I want to work hard to make a comeback to Indian side for the South Africa tour," he told reporters outside the shrine.
Before speaking to media, Sreesanth wrote about his visit to Shirdi on his twitter page.
"Om Sai ram..Had a gr8 darshan @shirdi ..It`s all gods grace," he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit
- Avg 49 days of employment generated in 2015-16 under MGNREGA: Govt
- Turkey`s post-coup purge: almost 16,000 detained, 50,000 fired
- Death sentences upheld for six Jamaatul Mujahideen Bangladesh militants in 2005 bombings
- Oh Air India! 11,000 flights rescheduled, 16,000 flights delayed till June 2016