Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 105 runs in second Test to win series
Colombo: Former Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene got a fitting farewell from Test cricket as his side won the two-match series against Pakistan.
Sri Lanka wrapped up Pakistan on 165 in their second innings, winning the match by 105 runs at Sinhalese Sports Club Ground.
The hosts scored 320 and 282 all out in their innings and wrapped up Pakistan`s batting line up for 332 and 165 to win the Test as well as the series.
Jayawardene scored four and 54 in his final Test for Sri Lanka. The former skipper has bid farewell to Test cricket on a winning note.
Sow left-arm orthodox bowler Rangana Herath was awarded player of the match as well as series for claiming nine wickets in the first innings and five wickets in the second innings of the second Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing