Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 105 runs in second Test to win series
Colombo: Former Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene got a fitting farewell from Test cricket as his side won the two-match series against Pakistan.
Sri Lanka wrapped up Pakistan on 165 in their second innings, winning the match by 105 runs at Sinhalese Sports Club Ground.
The hosts scored 320 and 282 all out in their innings and wrapped up Pakistan`s batting line up for 332 and 165 to win the Test as well as the series.
Jayawardene scored four and 54 in his final Test for Sri Lanka. The former skipper has bid farewell to Test cricket on a winning note.
Sow left-arm orthodox bowler Rangana Herath was awarded player of the match as well as series for claiming nine wickets in the first innings and five wickets in the second innings of the second Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind
- PM Modi to launch solar-powered boats in Varanasi today, visit to Ballia also on cards