Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 105 runs in second Test to win series
Colombo: Former Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene got a fitting farewell from Test cricket as his side won the two-match series against Pakistan.
Sri Lanka wrapped up Pakistan on 165 in their second innings, winning the match by 105 runs at Sinhalese Sports Club Ground.
The hosts scored 320 and 282 all out in their innings and wrapped up Pakistan`s batting line up for 332 and 165 to win the Test as well as the series.
Jayawardene scored four and 54 in his final Test for Sri Lanka. The former skipper has bid farewell to Test cricket on a winning note.
Sow left-arm orthodox bowler Rangana Herath was awarded player of the match as well as series for claiming nine wickets in the first innings and five wickets in the second innings of the second Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town