Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 105 runs in second Test to win series
Colombo: Former Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene got a fitting farewell from Test cricket as his side won the two-match series against Pakistan.
Sri Lanka wrapped up Pakistan on 165 in their second innings, winning the match by 105 runs at Sinhalese Sports Club Ground.
The hosts scored 320 and 282 all out in their innings and wrapped up Pakistan`s batting line up for 332 and 165 to win the Test as well as the series.
Jayawardene scored four and 54 in his final Test for Sri Lanka. The former skipper has bid farewell to Test cricket on a winning note.
Sow left-arm orthodox bowler Rangana Herath was awarded player of the match as well as series for claiming nine wickets in the first innings and five wickets in the second innings of the second Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- GAAR not to apply on income from investments before April 1
- PHOTO: Virat Kohli in his all new avatar!
- Working birthday for Arjun Kapoor, says Chetan Bhagat
- J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti says she 'felt ashamed as a Muslim', stirs controversy — Read details
- With 31% jump, HDFC's Aditya Puri top gainer in salary hike among private bank chiefs