Sri Lanka beat Pakistan by 105 runs in second Test to win series
Colombo: Former Sri Lanka captain Mahela Jayawardene got a fitting farewell from Test cricket as his side won the two-match series against Pakistan.
Sri Lanka wrapped up Pakistan on 165 in their second innings, winning the match by 105 runs at Sinhalese Sports Club Ground.
The hosts scored 320 and 282 all out in their innings and wrapped up Pakistan`s batting line up for 332 and 165 to win the Test as well as the series.
Jayawardene scored four and 54 in his final Test for Sri Lanka. The former skipper has bid farewell to Test cricket on a winning note.
Sow left-arm orthodox bowler Rangana Herath was awarded player of the match as well as series for claiming nine wickets in the first innings and five wickets in the second innings of the second Test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why