Sri Lanka board refrains from confirming Bangladesh tour over `security fears`
Karachi: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has reportedly refrained from confirming their scheduled tour of Bangladesh, where they are set to play two Tests, two Twenty20s and three ODIs, starting from January 27.
The two boards met in Dubai on Thursday, on the sidelines of the ICC meeting.
According to the Express Tribune, SLC President Jayantha Dharmadasa said that a two-member delegation would visit Bangladesh on January 13 to assess the security situation before confirming their scheduled tour.
The report mentioned that the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had also planned to raise security concerns over the Asia Cup and ICC World Twenty20 on the sidelines of the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ditch heavy furniture, go for poufs and stools!
- 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' movie review: A visual extravaganza
- 'Veerappan' Box Office collections, movie mints Rs 1.77 cr on first day!
- These globetrotting stars will give you serious travel goals – View pics
- Zika virus infects placenta, claim researchers!