Sri Lanka confident of winning Test series in England
London: Sri Lanka have said that they are confident of winning their Test series against England this month after their final warm-up match against county side Northants ended in a draw after a rain-hit game.
Lahiru Thirimanne, who is captain of Sri Lanka in place of the rested Angelo Mathews, said that the squad`s confidence levels are really high.
According to the BBC, Thirimanne said that Sri Lanka has not had much luck in the past and they want to win a Test series in England so that is their main concern.
A draw reportedly looked likely in their four-day game at Northampton after Sri Lanka opted not to enforce the follow-on.
Sria Lanka, who had batted first, declared on 558-8 with Thirimanne top scoring on 156 and Kaushal Silva retiring hurt on 152, while Northants were on 146-5 at the end of the second day, but Saturday`s play was washed out.
Currently Sri Lanka is looking forward to their first Test at Lord`s on 12 June, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!