Sri Lanka Cricket censures Malinga
Colombo: Speedster Lasith Malinga has been warned by Sri Lanka Cricket to maintain better relations with the media following his spat with journalists.
The SLC, CEO Ajith Jayasekera in a report had recommended Malinga to be censured and advised on his behaviour when dealing with the press in future, a SLC release said.
The SLC executive committee has appointed a 3-member committee to advise Malinga on his behaviour.
The slinger Malinga was rough with the media last Monday at the cricket headquarters when he arrived to resolve the contract signing row involving national cricketers.
Malinga`s behaviour was condemned by the local media with public opinion mounting on the SLC to discipline him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam