Sri Lanka Cricket censures Malinga
Colombo: Speedster Lasith Malinga has been warned by Sri Lanka Cricket to maintain better relations with the media following his spat with journalists.
The SLC, CEO Ajith Jayasekera in a report had recommended Malinga to be censured and advised on his behaviour when dealing with the press in future, a SLC release said.
The SLC executive committee has appointed a 3-member committee to advise Malinga on his behaviour.
The slinger Malinga was rough with the media last Monday at the cricket headquarters when he arrived to resolve the contract signing row involving national cricketers.
Malinga`s behaviour was condemned by the local media with public opinion mounting on the SLC to discipline him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Pro-Afzal event at JNU: Kanhaiya Kumar, others begin indefinite strike against punishment
- Meghalaya CM's wife, Sangma's son file nomination papers for Tura Lok Sabha bypoll
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo