Sri Lanka Cricket censures Malinga
Colombo: Speedster Lasith Malinga has been warned by Sri Lanka Cricket to maintain better relations with the media following his spat with journalists.
The SLC, CEO Ajith Jayasekera in a report had recommended Malinga to be censured and advised on his behaviour when dealing with the press in future, a SLC release said.
The SLC executive committee has appointed a 3-member committee to advise Malinga on his behaviour.
The slinger Malinga was rough with the media last Monday at the cricket headquarters when he arrived to resolve the contract signing row involving national cricketers.
Malinga`s behaviour was condemned by the local media with public opinion mounting on the SLC to discipline him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown