Sri Lanka Cricket censures Malinga
Colombo: Speedster Lasith Malinga has been warned by Sri Lanka Cricket to maintain better relations with the media following his spat with journalists.
The SLC, CEO Ajith Jayasekera in a report had recommended Malinga to be censured and advised on his behaviour when dealing with the press in future, a SLC release said.
The SLC executive committee has appointed a 3-member committee to advise Malinga on his behaviour.
The slinger Malinga was rough with the media last Monday at the cricket headquarters when he arrived to resolve the contract signing row involving national cricketers.
Malinga`s behaviour was condemned by the local media with public opinion mounting on the SLC to discipline him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened