Sri Lanka Cricket dismisses fixing allegations against Perera
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket on Monday denied reports that all-rounder Thisara Perera indulged in match-fixing during this year`s Indian Premier League, saying that it has full faith in its players.
SLC rebuttal comes in the wake of a media report which stated that a Mumbai-based bookie fixed an IPL match for Rs 6 crore after striking deals with four players of Sunrisers Hyderabad.
The players mentioned in the report were Thisara Perera, Hanuma Vihari, Karan Sharma and Ashish Reddy. The report quoted a bookie, who apparently took the players` names in his statement to the Mumbai police crime branch.
SLC, while denying that no intimation on the incident has been given to them by the Indian authorities, said it had "the full confidence in all its players."
Perera is currently playing in the Champions League Twenty20 representing the Sunrisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog