Sri Lanka Cricket dismisses fixing allegations against Perera
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket on Monday denied reports that all-rounder Thisara Perera indulged in match-fixing during this year`s Indian Premier League, saying that it has full faith in its players.
SLC rebuttal comes in the wake of a media report which stated that a Mumbai-based bookie fixed an IPL match for Rs 6 crore after striking deals with four players of Sunrisers Hyderabad.
The players mentioned in the report were Thisara Perera, Hanuma Vihari, Karan Sharma and Ashish Reddy. The report quoted a bookie, who apparently took the players` names in his statement to the Mumbai police crime branch.
SLC, while denying that no intimation on the incident has been given to them by the Indian authorities, said it had "the full confidence in all its players."
Perera is currently playing in the Champions League Twenty20 representing the Sunrisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Track your lost Android phone in these steps; remotely lock or erase data
- MASTI full on! Parineeti Chopra flaunts ample strength on the sets of 'Meri Pyaari Bindu' – Watch
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Worrying signs: Indian student studying in US spotted in ISIS video, says report
- Cbseresults.nic.in & CBSE.nic.in 10th X Result 2016 CBSE: CBSE board class 10th X exam result 2016 announced