Sri Lanka Cricket dismisses fixing allegations against Perera
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket on Monday denied reports that all-rounder Thisara Perera indulged in match-fixing during this year`s Indian Premier League, saying that it has full faith in its players.
SLC rebuttal comes in the wake of a media report which stated that a Mumbai-based bookie fixed an IPL match for Rs 6 crore after striking deals with four players of Sunrisers Hyderabad.
The players mentioned in the report were Thisara Perera, Hanuma Vihari, Karan Sharma and Ashish Reddy. The report quoted a bookie, who apparently took the players` names in his statement to the Mumbai police crime branch.
SLC, while denying that no intimation on the incident has been given to them by the Indian authorities, said it had "the full confidence in all its players."
Perera is currently playing in the Champions League Twenty20 representing the Sunrisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America