Sri Lanka Cricket dismisses fixing allegations against Perera
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket on Monday denied reports that all-rounder Thisara Perera indulged in match-fixing during this year`s Indian Premier League, saying that it has full faith in its players.
SLC rebuttal comes in the wake of a media report which stated that a Mumbai-based bookie fixed an IPL match for Rs 6 crore after striking deals with four players of Sunrisers Hyderabad.
The players mentioned in the report were Thisara Perera, Hanuma Vihari, Karan Sharma and Ashish Reddy. The report quoted a bookie, who apparently took the players` names in his statement to the Mumbai police crime branch.
SLC, while denying that no intimation on the incident has been given to them by the Indian authorities, said it had "the full confidence in all its players."
Perera is currently playing in the Champions League Twenty20 representing the Sunrisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years