Sri Lanka defeat Pakistan by 76 runs to level series
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Pallekele: An all-round show from Thisara Perera helped Sri Lanka defeat Pakistan by 76 runs in the second ODI played at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium.
Perera picked up six wickets and also scored 24 runs from 14 balls that took Sri Lanka to a formidable total of 280 runs. Tillakaratne Dilshan (119*) was the pick of the Sri Lankan batsmen as he scored an unbeaten ton, his 13th in ODIs.
None of the Pakistan bowlers made an impact even after Sri Lanka lost Tharanga and Sangakkara at the score of 84.
Mohammad Hafeez and Azhar Ali began the innings on a careful note as both of them went on to add 48 runs at the end of 10 overs. But from there on, wickets fell at regular intervals and apart from Ali (96), none of the batsmen could score a formidable score.
Thisara Perera claimed his third five-for in ODIs and was adjudged the man of the match for his six-wicket haul.
The third one-dayer will be played in Colombo on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!