Sri Lanka defeat Pakistan by 76 runs to level series
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Pallekele: An all-round show from Thisara Perera helped Sri Lanka defeat Pakistan by 76 runs in the second ODI played at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium.
Perera picked up six wickets and also scored 24 runs from 14 balls that took Sri Lanka to a formidable total of 280 runs. Tillakaratne Dilshan (119*) was the pick of the Sri Lankan batsmen as he scored an unbeaten ton, his 13th in ODIs.
None of the Pakistan bowlers made an impact even after Sri Lanka lost Tharanga and Sangakkara at the score of 84.
Mohammad Hafeez and Azhar Ali began the innings on a careful note as both of them went on to add 48 runs at the end of 10 overs. But from there on, wickets fell at regular intervals and apart from Ali (96), none of the batsmen could score a formidable score.
Thisara Perera claimed his third five-for in ODIs and was adjudged the man of the match for his six-wicket haul.
The third one-dayer will be played in Colombo on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?