Sri Lanka defeat Pakistan by 76 runs to level series
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Pallekele: An all-round show from Thisara Perera helped Sri Lanka defeat Pakistan by 76 runs in the second ODI played at Pallekele International Cricket Stadium.
Perera picked up six wickets and also scored 24 runs from 14 balls that took Sri Lanka to a formidable total of 280 runs. Tillakaratne Dilshan (119*) was the pick of the Sri Lankan batsmen as he scored an unbeaten ton, his 13th in ODIs.
None of the Pakistan bowlers made an impact even after Sri Lanka lost Tharanga and Sangakkara at the score of 84.
Mohammad Hafeez and Azhar Ali began the innings on a careful note as both of them went on to add 48 runs at the end of 10 overs. But from there on, wickets fell at regular intervals and apart from Ali (96), none of the batsmen could score a formidable score.
Thisara Perera claimed his third five-for in ODIs and was adjudged the man of the match for his six-wicket haul.
The third one-dayer will be played in Colombo on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read