Sri Lanka drop Dinesh Chandimal and Ajantha Mendis for Pakistan series
Colombo: Wicketkeeper Dinesh Chandimal and spinner Ajantha Mendis were left out of the Sri Lanka squad of 15 named for the two-test series against Pakistan starting at Galle next week.
Chandimal lost his place to Niroshan Dickwella who made histest debut in the second test against South Africa in Colombo last week and scored a half-century.
On the strength of his performance Dickwella has been retained for the two tests against Pakistan.
Mendis has been left out after a disappointing bowling performance in the drawn Colombo test which secured a 1-0 series win for South Africa.
Mendis, one of three spinners in the side, failed to take a wicket in either innings while conceding 85 runs.
Mendis’ place has been filled in by fast bowler Nuwan Pradeep who returns after injury.
Shaminda Eranga, who missed the Colombo test due to a hand injury, and Suranga Lakmal have been selected subject to fitness.
“Eranga has recovered from his injured hand that required eight stitches, it’s a question of whether he can field,” said Sri Lanka manager Michael de Zoysa.
“Lakmal complained of pain in his heel during the second innings of the second test.
“We had a scan and an x-ray done but there doesn’t seem to be any fracture or anything but we are monitoring him carefully."
Squad: Angelo Mathews (captain), Lahiru Thirimanne,Kaushal Silva, Upul Tharanga, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Kithuruwan Vithanage, Niroshan Dickwella, Rangana Herath, Dilruwan Perera, Shaminda Eranga, Suranga Lakmal, Chanaka Welegedara, Dhammika Prasad, Nuwan Pradeep.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog