Sri Lanka gets serious about Lorgat cricket reforms
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has resolved to appoint committees to look into the expeditious implementation of recommendations of Haroon Lorgat report.
A SLC statement said that its Executive Committee would appoint three committees -- Finance, Constitutional and Administrative -- to discuss the Lorgat report and make recommendations for its implementation.
"The committees were given time until 15th January 2013 to submit their reports for possible implementation of the findings by 1st February 2013," the statement said.
Lorgat, the former ICC CEO, was contracted by the SLC as a special advisor, and his report was released last month.
The report advocated depoliticisation of the cricket administration to eradicate laws that create potential for government interference.
The report said the SLC was facing very challenging strategic, financial, administrative and operational issues.
It advocated proper and detailed long-term financial planning, budget cycles and strict financial management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'