Sri Lanka invites bids for SLPL franchises
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has announced invitations to bid for Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL) franchises, a statement on Monday.
SLPL, already troubled by the reported non participation of Indian players, is to be played between August 11 to 31 ahead of Sri Lanka hosting the World T20 Championship in September.
The bids will close on June 25.
The tournament will be played in the Premadasa Stadium in Colombo and at the Pallekele Stadium in Kandy.
The SLPL scheduled to kick off last year was aborted when the Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) refused to release its players.
This year, however, the tournament is suppose to go ahead even without the Indian players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed