Sri Lanka invites bids for SLPL franchises
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has announced invitations to bid for Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL) franchises, a statement on Monday.
SLPL, already troubled by the reported non participation of Indian players, is to be played between August 11 to 31 ahead of Sri Lanka hosting the World T20 Championship in September.
The bids will close on June 25.
The tournament will be played in the Premadasa Stadium in Colombo and at the Pallekele Stadium in Kandy.
The SLPL scheduled to kick off last year was aborted when the Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) refused to release its players.
This year, however, the tournament is suppose to go ahead even without the Indian players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days