Sri Lanka invites bids for SLPL franchises
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has announced invitations to bid for Sri Lanka Premier League (SLPL) franchises, a statement on Monday.
SLPL, already troubled by the reported non participation of Indian players, is to be played between August 11 to 31 ahead of Sri Lanka hosting the World T20 Championship in September.
The bids will close on June 25.
The tournament will be played in the Premadasa Stadium in Colombo and at the Pallekele Stadium in Kandy.
The SLPL scheduled to kick off last year was aborted when the Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) refused to release its players.
This year, however, the tournament is suppose to go ahead even without the Indian players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?