Sri Lanka keep Bangladesh down to 240-8
Dhaka: Seamer Dhammika Prasad claimed three wickets in his first match of the series as new-look Sri Lanka restricted Bangladesh to 240-8 in the third and final one-day international in Dhaka on Saturday.
New-ball partner Suranga Lakmal finished with two for 24 in 10 overs after Sri Lanka, enjoying an unassailable 2-0 lead in the series, won the toss and elected to field at the Sher-e-Bangla stadium.
Mominul Haque top-scored with a run-a-ball 60, while valuable contributions from Nasir Hossain (38), Naeem Islam (32) and skipper Mushfiqur Rahim (30) gave the hosts their highest score in the series.
Sri Lanka took the field without either of their three veterans, Mahela Jayawardene, Kumar Sangakkara and Tillakaratne Dilshan, for the first time in a one-dayer since 2000.
Jayawardene and Dilshan were nursing injuries, while Sangakkara was rested ahead of the five-nation Asia Cup which opens in Bangladesh on Tuesday.
The hosts missed premier all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan, who was handed a three-match ban for a lewd on-camera gesture during the second one-dayer on Thursday.
Sri Lanka won both the preceding Test and Twenty20 series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story
- Trump's Brexit remarks make him 'unfit' for President: Clinton aides
- Sourav Ganguly not present during my interview for coaching role, says Ravi Shastri