Sri Lanka keep Bangladesh down to 240-8
Dhaka: Seamer Dhammika Prasad claimed three wickets in his first match of the series as new-look Sri Lanka restricted Bangladesh to 240-8 in the third and final one-day international in Dhaka on Saturday.
New-ball partner Suranga Lakmal finished with two for 24 in 10 overs after Sri Lanka, enjoying an unassailable 2-0 lead in the series, won the toss and elected to field at the Sher-e-Bangla stadium.
Mominul Haque top-scored with a run-a-ball 60, while valuable contributions from Nasir Hossain (38), Naeem Islam (32) and skipper Mushfiqur Rahim (30) gave the hosts their highest score in the series.
Sri Lanka took the field without either of their three veterans, Mahela Jayawardene, Kumar Sangakkara and Tillakaratne Dilshan, for the first time in a one-dayer since 2000.
Jayawardene and Dilshan were nursing injuries, while Sangakkara was rested ahead of the five-nation Asia Cup which opens in Bangladesh on Tuesday.
The hosts missed premier all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan, who was handed a three-match ban for a lewd on-camera gesture during the second one-dayer on Thursday.
Sri Lanka won both the preceding Test and Twenty20 series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann ki Baat: PM Modi calls for country to move towards 'cashless society'
- 4th round of global NCAP crash tests on Indian cars soon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM pitches for saving 'every drop' of water during Monsoon
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi praises Sonowal for performing his duty despite polls
- Nearly two lakh students appear for JEE (Advanced) exam