Sri Lanka minister wants probe on fixing allegations
Colombo: Sports Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage wants Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) to probe the match-fixing allegations, involving Sri Lanka, by British journalist Ed Hawkins in his recent book.
The ministry spokesman Harsha B Abeykoon said that Aluthgamage wants the media stories probed and reported to him.
However, the SLC chief executive officer Ajith Jayasekera said that revelations in the `Bookie Gambler Fixer Spy by Hawkins was only a piece of work by an individual.
"We cannot probe anything until the ICC reports the matter to us. If the ICC asks us then we will conduct an investigation," Jayasekera said.
Hawkins wrote that a bookmaker had told him that 2011 summer`s England vs Sri Lanka first Test at Cardiff was fixed.
Sri Lanka having made 400 in the first innings collapsed inexplicably under two hours of batting in the second innings to hand England an innings victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why