Sri Lanka names squad for Tests against New Zealand
Colombo: The Sri Lankan cricket board on Friday announced the squad that will face New Zealand in two Test matches which follow the ongoing one day series.
Mahela Jayawardena has been retained as captain while Angelo Mathews will be the vice captain of the Test team, reports Xinhua.
The two Test series between Sri Lanka and New Zealand will be the first time `day/night` Test cricket will be played.
Test cricket is played only during the day but under the new option teams can continue the game at night under lights if bad weather affects the match during the day.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) had recently approved `day/night` Test cricket as part of new playing conditions for Tests to take effect with the series between Sri Lanka and New Zealand.
The amendments had been approved by the ICC Board following proposals made by the ICC Cricket Committee.
Sri Lanka squad:
Mahela Jayawardene (captain), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Tharanga Paranawithana, Kumar Sanggakkara, Thilan Samaraweera, Prassanna Jayawardane, P Kaushal, Suraj Randiv, Rangana Herath, Dinesh Chandimal, Nuwan Kulasekara, Chanaka Welagedara, Shaminda Eranga, Dhammika Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang
- Congress puts gag order on partymen, asks them not to make comments inconsistent with party stand