Sri Lanka names squad for Tests against New Zealand
Colombo: The Sri Lankan cricket board on Friday announced the squad that will face New Zealand in two Test matches which follow the ongoing one day series.
Mahela Jayawardena has been retained as captain while Angelo Mathews will be the vice captain of the Test team, reports Xinhua.
The two Test series between Sri Lanka and New Zealand will be the first time `day/night` Test cricket will be played.
Test cricket is played only during the day but under the new option teams can continue the game at night under lights if bad weather affects the match during the day.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) had recently approved `day/night` Test cricket as part of new playing conditions for Tests to take effect with the series between Sri Lanka and New Zealand.
The amendments had been approved by the ICC Board following proposals made by the ICC Cricket Committee.
Sri Lanka squad:
Mahela Jayawardene (captain), Tillakaratne Dilshan, Tharanga Paranawithana, Kumar Sanggakkara, Thilan Samaraweera, Prassanna Jayawardane, P Kaushal, Suraj Randiv, Rangana Herath, Dinesh Chandimal, Nuwan Kulasekara, Chanaka Welagedara, Shaminda Eranga, Dhammika Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video