Sri Lanka recall Ajantha Mendis for Bangladesh Tests
Colombo: Sri Lanka`s selectors on Thursday recalled unorthodox spinner Ajantha Mendis for two Test matches in Bangladesh starting next week after keeping him out of the recent series against Pakistan.
Mendis, 28, who bowls both off-spin and leg-breaks with an unusual finger-flicking action, last played a Test during his team`s home series against Bangladesh in March 2013.
Mendis, with 64 wickets in 17 Tests, replaces off-spinner Sachithra Senanayake from the side that earlier this week drew against Pakistan 1-1 in the United Arab Emirates.
The 15-man squad, released by Sri Lanka Cricket, does not feature batsman Lahiru Thirimanne and seamer Nuwan Kulasekara, who were both injured during the Pakistan matches.
Sri Lanka, who are due to reach Bangladesh on Friday, will play two Tests, three one-day internationals and two Twenty20 games during the month-long tour.
The first Test starts in Dhaka on Monday, followed by the second in Chittagong from February 4.
The squad for the limited-overs games will be picked later.
Sri Lanka`s Test squad:
Angelo Mathews (capt), Dinesh Chandimal (vice-capt), Dimuth Karunaratne, Kaushal Silva, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Prasanna Jayawardene, Kithuruwan Vithanage, Rangana Herath, Dilruwan Perera, Suranga Lakmal, Shaminda Eranga, Nuwan Pradeep, Vishwa Fernando, Ajantha Mendis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- CBSE Class 12th Board Exam Results 2015: cbseresults.nic.in crashes
- CBSE Results 2015: Girls outperform boys in Class 12 Board Exams
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`