Sri Lanka rest big guns for final ODI against South Africa
Colombo: Having taken an unbeatable 3-1 led in the five-match ODI series against South Africa, Sri Lanka on Tuesday decided to rest the senior troika of Mahela Jayawardene, Lasith Malinga and Rangana Herath from the final match here on Wednesday.
Uncapped players Vimukthi Perera and Chaturanga de Silva have been drafted in while out-of-form opening batsman Kusal Janith Perera has been presented with another opportunity, replacing Upul Tharanga.
Vimukthi Perera, 23 is a left-arm medium pacer while Chaturanga de Silva is a left-handed all-rounder who bowls slow left-arm spin.
Sri Lanka have taken the lead in the series, continuing of South Africa`s poor ODI run on Sri Lankan soil since 1993.
The squad: Angelo Mathews (Captain), Dinesh Chandimal (vice-Captain), T M Dilshan, Kusal Janith Perera, Lahiru Thirimanne, Kumar Sangakkara, Angelo Perera, Thisara Perera, Suranga Lakmal Shaminda Eranga, Vimukthi Perera, Sachithra Senanayake, Ajantha Mendis, Dimuth Karunaratne, Chathuranga de Silva.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video