Sri Lanka return to winning ways
London: Sri Lanka secured their first victory on English soil this season with a crushing 128-run win over Kent in a one-day match at Canterbury on Friday.
The tourists made 301 for seven in their full 50 overs after losing the toss, Angelo Mathews top-scoring with 51 in an innings where Lahiru Thirimanne (49) and Dinesh Chandimal (47 not out) also made significant contributions.
In reply, Kent were bowled out for just 173 inside 37 overs with seamer Suranga Lakmal (three for 16), leading an attack where Thisara Perera and Ajantha Mendis also took three wickets each.
Sri Lanka next play Sussex at Hove on Sunday before facing England in a lone Twenty20 international and five-match one-day series starting next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar