Sri Lanka return to winning ways
London: Sri Lanka secured their first victory on English soil this season with a crushing 128-run win over Kent in a one-day match at Canterbury on Friday.
The tourists made 301 for seven in their full 50 overs after losing the toss, Angelo Mathews top-scoring with 51 in an innings where Lahiru Thirimanne (49) and Dinesh Chandimal (47 not out) also made significant contributions.
In reply, Kent were bowled out for just 173 inside 37 overs with seamer Suranga Lakmal (three for 16), leading an attack where Thisara Perera and Ajantha Mendis also took three wickets each.
Sri Lanka next play Sussex at Hove on Sunday before facing England in a lone Twenty20 international and five-match one-day series starting next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- PM Narendra Modi brings water to parched Saurashtra region in Gujarat
- Afghanistan deports 250 Pakistanis due to border tension
- India test fires Scramjet engine, joins elite club of nations
- Trupti Desai enters Haji Ali Dargah in Mumbai; says happy that no one objected us
- Turkish bombardment kills 35 civilians in Syria: Monitor