Sri Lanka return to winning ways
London: Sri Lanka secured their first victory on English soil this season with a crushing 128-run win over Kent in a one-day match at Canterbury on Friday.
The tourists made 301 for seven in their full 50 overs after losing the toss, Angelo Mathews top-scoring with 51 in an innings where Lahiru Thirimanne (49) and Dinesh Chandimal (47 not out) also made significant contributions.
In reply, Kent were bowled out for just 173 inside 37 overs with seamer Suranga Lakmal (three for 16), leading an attack where Thisara Perera and Ajantha Mendis also took three wickets each.
Sri Lanka next play Sussex at Hove on Sunday before facing England in a lone Twenty20 international and five-match one-day series starting next week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption