Sri Lanka`s pioneer umpire K T Francis passes away
Colombo: Renowned Sri Lankan umpire K T Francis, who stood in islanders` inaugural Test match in 1982, has passed away after losing battle against acute diabetes, family sources said on Monday.
He was 73.
Francis died in a hospital on Sunday, they said.
A Tamil, Francis along with Herbie Felsinger officiated in Sri Lanka`s first-ever Test match against England here in February 1982.
He was a member of the ICC international panel of umpires and officiated in 25 Tests and 56 ODIs between 1982 and 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter