Sri Lanka to tour England in May next year
London: The England and Wales Cricket Board ( ECB) has confirmed that Sri Lanka would visit England in a tour starting on May 2014 for the first time in two years.
According to Sport24, Sri Lanka last visited England in 2011 when they lost a three-match Test contest 1-0 and the one-dayers 3-2 before taking the Twenty20 series 1-0.
The report further said that Sri Lanka`s programme of international fixtures against the hosts would start with a Twenty20 match in May followed by five one-day internationals and two Tests.
The tour starts with the T20 match on May 20, 2014 at The Oval, followed by the ODIs, which will take place on May 22, 25, 28, 31 and June 3 at The Oval, Chester-le-Street, Old Trafford, Lord`s and Edgbaston respectively.
After the conclusion of the ODIs, the two Test series will commence, with the first Test at Lord`s from June 12-16 and the second and the final Test at Headingley from June 20-24, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional