Sri Lanka to tour England in May next year
London: The England and Wales Cricket Board ( ECB) has confirmed that Sri Lanka would visit England in a tour starting on May 2014 for the first time in two years.
According to Sport24, Sri Lanka last visited England in 2011 when they lost a three-match Test contest 1-0 and the one-dayers 3-2 before taking the Twenty20 series 1-0.
The report further said that Sri Lanka`s programme of international fixtures against the hosts would start with a Twenty20 match in May followed by five one-day internationals and two Tests.
The tour starts with the T20 match on May 20, 2014 at The Oval, followed by the ODIs, which will take place on May 22, 25, 28, 31 and June 3 at The Oval, Chester-le-Street, Old Trafford, Lord`s and Edgbaston respectively.
After the conclusion of the ODIs, the two Test series will commence, with the first Test at Lord`s from June 12-16 and the second and the final Test at Headingley from June 20-24, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan