Sri Lanka to tour England in May next year
London: The England and Wales Cricket Board ( ECB) has confirmed that Sri Lanka would visit England in a tour starting on May 2014 for the first time in two years.
According to Sport24, Sri Lanka last visited England in 2011 when they lost a three-match Test contest 1-0 and the one-dayers 3-2 before taking the Twenty20 series 1-0.
The report further said that Sri Lanka`s programme of international fixtures against the hosts would start with a Twenty20 match in May followed by five one-day internationals and two Tests.
The tour starts with the T20 match on May 20, 2014 at The Oval, followed by the ODIs, which will take place on May 22, 25, 28, 31 and June 3 at The Oval, Chester-le-Street, Old Trafford, Lord`s and Edgbaston respectively.
After the conclusion of the ODIs, the two Test series will commence, with the first Test at Lord`s from June 12-16 and the second and the final Test at Headingley from June 20-24, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani