New Delhi: Virat Kohli-led Team India created history on Tuesday by beating Sri Lanka in the 3rd and final Test to pocket the series (2-1) in Lankan soil after a gap of 22 long years.
Here are seven interesting facts one should know:
1. Indian opener Lokesh Rahul was just one-year-old when India last won a series in the Island, which was way back in 1993.
2. During the series, Ishant Sharma became the fourth Indian pacer to claim 200 or more Test wickets after Kapil Dev (434), Zaheer Khan (311) and J Srinath (236).
3. Cheteshwar Pujara became the only Test batsman in the world to carry his bat against Sri Lanka apart from Virender Sehwag.
4. In the first Test at Galle, Ajinkya Rahane created a world record by taking eight catches in a single Test.
5. Ravichandran Aswin scalped 21 wickets in 3 Tests, which is the most by an Indian bowler in a series against Sri Lanka.
6. India won their last overseas Test series in 2011 against West Indies before sealing the series in Lanka.
7. It's Virat Kohli's maiden Test series win as a full-fledged skipper of Team India.