Srikkanth impressed with bench strength
Chennai: The chairman of national selection committee Krishnamachari Srikkanth feels that the bench strength of the current team is good and it augurs well with 2011 World Cup only a few months away.
Speaking to the media soon after selecting the 15-member Indian squad for the ensuing three-Test series against the visiting New Zealand side, Srikkanth expressed confidence that Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s men will show the same kind of consistency.
"The team had performed extremely well against the Australians in both the Tests and One day series. Particularly the Bangalore Test was an incing on the cake," Srikkanth told the reporters.
"The junior players have gelled well with the seniors. Going by this, we have selected the team all the three Tests starting in Hyderabad against New Zealand. I am confident that our players will continue their victory march," he added.
He said, "Our bench strength has come good and it was there for all to witness. This is a good sign for Indian cricket. Like it is said that may the best player win, I must say let the best team (India) win".
As for the one-day series against the Kiwis, Srikkanth said that the team for it would be picked later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown