Srikkanth impressed with bench strength
Chennai: The chairman of national selection committee Krishnamachari Srikkanth feels that the bench strength of the current team is good and it augurs well with 2011 World Cup only a few months away.
Speaking to the media soon after selecting the 15-member Indian squad for the ensuing three-Test series against the visiting New Zealand side, Srikkanth expressed confidence that Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s men will show the same kind of consistency.
"The team had performed extremely well against the Australians in both the Tests and One day series. Particularly the Bangalore Test was an incing on the cake," Srikkanth told the reporters.
"The junior players have gelled well with the seniors. Going by this, we have selected the team all the three Tests starting in Hyderabad against New Zealand. I am confident that our players will continue their victory march," he added.
He said, "Our bench strength has come good and it was there for all to witness. This is a good sign for Indian cricket. Like it is said that may the best player win, I must say let the best team (India) win".
As for the one-day series against the Kiwis, Srikkanth said that the team for it would be picked later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray