Srini, Meiyappan appear before Mudgal Committee
Chennai: BCCI President N Srinivasan and his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan have appeared before the Justice Mudgal Committee in connection with the probe into the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal.
Srinivasan and Meiyappan appeared before the committee here.
It is learnt that former Chennai Super Kings Team Principal Meiyappan handed over a letter to the committee, exercising his right to remain silent.
A criminal case is being heard against Meiyappan in the Bombay High Court.
The committee has also questioned former India captain Kris Srikkanth and IPL chief executive Sundar Raman and will meet BCCI`s anti-corruption unit chief Ravi Sawani among others over the next few days.
So far, the three-man committee has questioned a number of people, including the three Rajasthan Royals players -- S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Sidhharth Trivedi, while they have also met with the officials of Delhi and Mumbai police.
The probe committee`s brief covers the corruption charges against Meiyappan, CSK team owners India Cements, and Rajasthan Royals team owners Jaipur IPL Cricket Private Ltd, as well as a larger mandate of allegations around betting and spot fixing on IPL matches and the involvement of players.
Former India pacer S Sreesanth, Chandila and Ankeet Chavan, besides 26 others, were arrested in May following investigations by the Police into the scandal.
Sreesanth and Chavan were handed life bans by the BCCI while Trivedi got a one-year ban.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow