Srinivasan all set to chair ACC Meeting in Chennai on Monday
New Delhi: The Indian cricket board`s president-in-exile N Srinivasan is all set to chair a meeting of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in Chennai on Monday.
The meeting has been kept a hush-hush affair as the Tamil Nadu strongman refused to divulge any information about it when he was contacted.
Sources within the BCCI were not even ready to divulge about the venue of the meeting.
However according to reliable sources within the ACC, this meeting is not one where the executive body is summoned.
"This is not an executive body meeting of the ACC. This is a meeting of the finance and marketing wing of the Asian council. Various aspects of sponsorships and investments in tournaments across the Asian region will be discussed. Mr Srinivasan is the chairman of the finance and marketing wing," said a source preferring anonymity.
While the Supreme Court diktat has kept Srinivasan away from discharging his functions as the BCCI chief, there has been no specific observations about his role in the ACC or the International Cricket Council (ICC).
Srinivasan is all set to become the chairman of the ICC`s executive board next month.
The meeting will also be attended by ACC`s Chief Executive Officer Syed Ashraful Haque.
The other members who are expected to attend the meeting are acting CEO of Bangaldesh Cricket Board Nizamuddin Chowdhury and finance committee chairman Afzalur Rahaman Sinha. From Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN), Raju Babu Shrestha will be the representative. Nuski Mohammed and Badar Mohammed Khan will be representatives of SLC and PCB respectively.
The convenor will be Thusith Perera, the finance manager of the ACC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why