Srinivasan all set to chair ACC Meeting in Chennai on Monday
New Delhi: The Indian cricket board`s president-in-exile N Srinivasan is all set to chair a meeting of the Asian Cricket Council (ACC) in Chennai on Monday.
The meeting has been kept a hush-hush affair as the Tamil Nadu strongman refused to divulge any information about it when he was contacted.
Sources within the BCCI were not even ready to divulge about the venue of the meeting.
However according to reliable sources within the ACC, this meeting is not one where the executive body is summoned.
"This is not an executive body meeting of the ACC. This is a meeting of the finance and marketing wing of the Asian council. Various aspects of sponsorships and investments in tournaments across the Asian region will be discussed. Mr Srinivasan is the chairman of the finance and marketing wing," said a source preferring anonymity.
While the Supreme Court diktat has kept Srinivasan away from discharging his functions as the BCCI chief, there has been no specific observations about his role in the ACC or the International Cricket Council (ICC).
Srinivasan is all set to become the chairman of the ICC`s executive board next month.
The meeting will also be attended by ACC`s Chief Executive Officer Syed Ashraful Haque.
The other members who are expected to attend the meeting are acting CEO of Bangaldesh Cricket Board Nizamuddin Chowdhury and finance committee chairman Afzalur Rahaman Sinha. From Cricket Association of Nepal (CAN), Raju Babu Shrestha will be the representative. Nuski Mohammed and Badar Mohammed Khan will be representatives of SLC and PCB respectively.
The convenor will be Thusith Perera, the finance manager of the ACC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?