Srinivasan arrives to attend BCCI disciplinary panel meet
New Delhi: Beleaguered BCCI President N Srinivasan, who was forced to step aside due to the IPL spot-fixing scandal, has arrived here to attend the Board`s Disciplinary Committee meeting to deliberate on the fate of the cricketers implicated in the scandal on Friday.
Srinivasan is part of the committee, which is headed by Arun Jaitley and also comprises Niranjan Shah. Boith Jaitley and Shah are Board vice-Presidents.
The committee will deliberate on BCCI Anti-Corruption Unit chief Ravi Sawani`s report on the scam that shamed the Twenty20 league.
The one-man Sawani panel investigated allegations that the three players conceded a pre-determined number of runs per over in exchange for money during the IPL this year.
The players, who also served jail time after being arrested by the Delhi Police, are Test pacer S Sreesanth, Ajit Chandila and Ankeet Chavan. Sawani has reportedly held the trio guilty in his investigative report.
All three of them played for the Rajasthan Royals in the IPL but their contracts were terminated by the franchise after the scandal broke out. The trio has already arrived for the meeting after being summoned by the committee.
After examining Sawani`s report, the Disciplinary Committee will present the findings at the BCCI annual general meeting to be held on September 29.
Sawani had earlier submitted an interim report, which was put on hold by the BCCI as he had not spoken to Chandila, who was in judicial custody till a few days ago.
Chandila, who was granted bail on August 6 for two days to perform the last rites of his deceased brother, has denied the charges. The other two implicated players have also maintained their innocence after coming out on bail.
Srinivasan, meanwhile, suffered a legal setback yesterday when the Supreme Court deferred for two weeks hearing on petitions relating to controversy over the appointment of panel to probe the IPL spot-fixing scam in which BCCI has challenged the Bombay High Court order holding as illegal board`s two-member committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical