Srinivasan, Dalmiya likely to attend ICC meeting
New Delhi: Board President N Srinivasan and interim in-charge Jagmohan Dalmiya are likely to represent India in the upcoming ICC annual conference in London as part of a compromise formula to break the stalemate on the issue.
As things stand now, there are strong indications that both Srinivasan and Dalmiya will be attending the three-day conference along with BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel who will also represent India at the CEO`s meet.
"We are yet to decide on this issue and anything concrete will only be finalised by tomorrow evening," Dalmiya told PTI today.
While Srinivasan has been unavailable for comment, sources in the BCCI indicated that the Tamil Nadu strongman has made it amply clear that he is not ready to back out from the meeting.
As far as Dalmiya is concerned, sources close to the CAB President have informed that his travel itinerary is ready and he has already started doing a bit of homework for the meetings beginning from June 23.
Senior BCCI officials are of the view that Srinivasan will attend the important meeting where the heads of all cricket boards will be discussing the possibility of uniform implementation of Decision Review System, while Dalmiya will be attending a few other meetings lined up during the conference.
"This seems to be the only way out for the Board at this point of time," a working committee member pointed out.
Another interesting viewpoint that is making the round in BCCI circle about Srinivasan being adamant on attending the meeting is regarding the post of ICC Chairman, which will come into effect from 2014.
The members in the BCCI feel that Srinivasan wants to gauge the mood of the other member nations following the arrest of his son-in-law and CSK Team Principal Gurunath Meiyappan in the IPL spot-fixing and betting scandal.
"Since this will be an opportunity for Srinivasan to meet all the members under one roof, he doesn`t want to let this chance go," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui