Srinivasan is a man of honour, will conform to SC: Abdullah
Srinagar: Union Minister Farooq Abdullah on Saturday put his weight behind N Srinivasan, saying the BCCI president is a `man of honour` and will conform to the Supreme Court observations about stepping down.
N Srinivasan, who had a cataract surgery today, continued to remain silent on the Supreme Court observation that he should step down for a fair probe into IPL fixing scandal.
Abdullah, who is also the president of Jammu and Kashmir Cricket Association, said Srinivasan will prove his innocence.
"He (Srinivasan) is a man of honur. He will conform to what the Supreme Court wants him to do and he will prove that he has done no wrong," Abdullah told reporters after launching his Lok Sabha election campaign from Budgam district.
Asked why the beleagured BCCI president has not stepped down so far, Abdullah said the Supreme Court has given him two days for doing it. "They (SC) have given him two days. So wait till the two days are over," he added. Asked if he would suggest Srinivasan to step down, Abdullah said he cannot "urge him to do anything. It is upto him."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users