Srinivasan meets WC members before meeting
Chennai: As the BCCI geared up for its Emergent Working Committee meeting to decide the fate of N Srinivasan, the embattled Board president had a word with some of the members in a last-ditch effort to resign on his own terms here on Sunday.
BCCI joint-secretary Anurag Thakur, however, said that there was nothing wrong in Srinivasan having separate meetings with the WC members.
"It`s a natural process. As a Board president he is entitled to meet the state unit heads and other Working Committee members. I have no objections in that," Thakur told reporters before on arrival for the meeting.
Asked he was still stuck to his view that Srinivasan should resign from his post, Thakur said, "In the interest of cricket and to have a fair and transparent probe, it will be better if Srinivasan does that."
"No individual is bigger and more important than an organisation. As a former cricketer, I want to appeal that everybody should perform their duties for the betterment of the game," said Thakur who was one of three BCCI office bearers who have applied strong pressure on Srinivasan to call the meeting.
The dice seemed to be heavily loaded against Srininvasan after he was forced to call the Emergent Working Committee following resignations by Board treasurer Ajay Shirke and secretary Sanjay Jagdale as well as the IPL Chairman Rajeev Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi