Srinivasan should resign in the interest of cricket: Jyotiraditya Scindia
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress MP and Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) president Jyotiraditya Scindia has said that the N Srinivasan should quit from the post of BCCI president till his name is cleared in the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
From my point of view, not for a second am I assuming that anybody is guilty. Having said that, in the interest of propriety and in interest of the game at this point of time when there is a question mark surrounding an individual, surrounding the team (CSK) and surrounding the manager of that team who happens to be a family member, I believe in all sense of the word propriety that Mr Srinivasan must step aside."
"If you consider the conflict of interest he is in as one of his family members is alleged of wrongdoing, then propriety demands that he should step aside. I would have done the same had I been in his place. Willy-nilly we are responsible for the wrongdoing of our family members to some extent. Example has to be set from the top," he told reporters.
Earlier, cricketer-turned-politician Kirti Azad attacked the current dispensation in BCCI saying people in the board are not going after its President N. Srinivasan because "somebody wants to be the next president" of the high-profile sports body.
Srinivasan’s son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan is under arrest for his alleged involvement in betting and the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’