Srinivasan should resign in the interest of cricket: Jyotiraditya Scindia
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Congress MP and Madhya Pradesh Cricket Association (MPCA) president Jyotiraditya Scindia has said that the N Srinivasan should quit from the post of BCCI president till his name is cleared in the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
From my point of view, not for a second am I assuming that anybody is guilty. Having said that, in the interest of propriety and in interest of the game at this point of time when there is a question mark surrounding an individual, surrounding the team (CSK) and surrounding the manager of that team who happens to be a family member, I believe in all sense of the word propriety that Mr Srinivasan must step aside."
"If you consider the conflict of interest he is in as one of his family members is alleged of wrongdoing, then propriety demands that he should step aside. I would have done the same had I been in his place. Willy-nilly we are responsible for the wrongdoing of our family members to some extent. Example has to be set from the top," he told reporters.
Earlier, cricketer-turned-politician Kirti Azad attacked the current dispensation in BCCI saying people in the board are not going after its President N. Srinivasan because "somebody wants to be the next president" of the high-profile sports body.
Srinivasan’s son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan is under arrest for his alleged involvement in betting and the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
With PTI inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed