Srinivasan’s men start lobbying, Shukla meets Dalmiya in Kolkata
New Delhi: In a bid to counter president N Srinivasan`s rivals in the BCCI, Tamil Nadu Cricket Association has already started calling up office-bearers of other state units urging them to show solidarity in his hour of crisis.
Hectic lobbying is expected during the dinner hosted by CAB president Jagmohan Dalmiya at a Kolkata hotel which is scheduled to start at around 8 pm. The who`s who of BCCI are expected to turn up at the "dinner diplomacy".
Meanwhile, IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla met Dalmiya at his New Alipore residence and spent more than an hour.
"Obviously, there will be discussions on the current crisis and how to wriggle out of the current situation," a BCCI official informed PTI today.
During the day, a TNCA office-bearer and one of Srinivasan`s most trusted lieutenants called up office bearers of some of the smaller state units.
"A senior TNCA office-bearer called up and straightaway asked whether we are with Srinivasan or not," a state unit official informed.
At this point of time, Srinivasan needs eight votes (including his own) out of 31, in order to stay on as the president and if the current mathematical equation is anything to go by, it will be difficult to dislodge the Tamil Nadu business tycoon as of now.
"Be rest assured, during dinner, no one openly talks about sensitive issues. But everyone would be interested to know, who all are coming for the dinner," an official of a state unit, who is currently present in Kolkata, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says