Srinnivasan retains TNCA president`s post unopposed
Chennai: Notwithstanding all controversies surrounding him in the BCCI, N Srinivasan was unanimously elected the president of the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association (TNCA) at its 83rd Annual General Meeting here on Sunday.
Srinivasan`s close aide Kashi Viswanathan was elected Secretary of the association for the seventh year without break.
Srinivasan, who has stepped aside from discharging his functions as the president of the BCCI in the wake of the arrest of his son-in-law and CSK Team Principal Gurunath Meiyappan who has been alleged of being involved in betting on IPL matches and has subsequently been suspended.
The area of interest will now be whether Srinivasan will be attending any of the sub-committee meeting during the ICC Annual Conference. There hasn`t been any concrete information in this regard.
TNCA has been Srinivasan`s stronghold from where he was first pitchforked into the mainstream functioning of the BCCI.
All the office bearers and members of the Executive Committee have been unanimously elected for the year 2013-14, according to a press release issued by the TNCA.
Apart from Srinivasan and Viswanathan, other persons who are elected for various other posts: Vice Presidents (City): Kalpathi S Aghoram, U Prabhakar Rao, S Raghavan, P S Raman; Vice Presidents (Districts): R Kanakarajan, V Ramesh; Jt Secretary: R I Palani; Assistant Secretary: R S Ramasaamy; Treasurer: V P Narasimhan; Executive Committee (City): K Sriram, K A Shankar, G Dangi, P Anand, C G Anandaram, K Murali, Adam Sait, K Mohan, Keshav Sriraman; Executive Committee (Districts): T K Ramakrishnan, S Surendran, S K Palaniappan, N Prakash, S Sivakumar; Auditors: P B Vijayaraghavan & Company.
The President has invited S Ganesan and G Srinivasan as "Special Invitees" to serve on the Executive Committee of the TNCA for the year 2013-2014.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in