Stage set for N Srinivasan to return as BCCI President
Zee Media Bureau
Chennai: It seems that all the controversies that currently surround BCCI’s President-in-exile N Srinivasan are nothing but hokum. The inevitability of him returning as the chief of world’s richest cricket board during BCCI’s AGM on Sunday indicates so.
On Sunday, in spite of Supreme Court’s observations, Srinivasan will be re-elected as BCCI’s President for a third year and the ‘Cement Baron’ has chosen his ‘own team’ for another tenure at Indian cricket board’s helm of affairs.
However, Srini cannot discharge his duties even after the election as the Supreme Court is yet to give its verdict on a petition filed against his candidature by Cricket Association of Bihar secretary Aditya Verma.
It has also been reported that Jagmohan Dalmiya might again be given the charge till the decision is made but it seems highly unlikely that Srinivasan will be making this move.
Srinivasan was the lone candidate whose name was put forward for the post of president during nominations.
All six southern associations (Tamil Nadu CA, Andhra CA, Karnataka State CA, Kerala CA, Hyderabad CA and GOA CA) have backed Srinivasan to the hilt and thus ruling out the possibility of any contest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Xiaomi launches Qicycle, a foldable electric smart bike
- Manoj Bajpayee's 'Budhia Singh – Born to run' showcases the spirit of world's youngest marathon from Odisha – Watch
- Caught! Top model arrested in high-profile drug racket case — Know details
- Rs 40,000 crore Arunachal border road could be a liability, warns Indian Army
- Xiaomi Qicycle Electric Folding Bike: Features