Starc desperate to prove worth to push for fast bowling berth in Adelaide Test
Sydney: Young fast bowler Mitchell Starc has said he is ready to prove himself in order to compel the selectors to pick him up for the second Test against South Africa in Adelaide, and also revealed that coach Mickey Arthur has advised him to get more practice with the red ball.
“Mickey just said to get out there with the red ball this week and make sure you`re ready for the next one to be available,” a website quoted Starc, as saying.
Starc will look to push for a pace berth in the second Test via the Sheffield Shield with New South Wales on Tuesday.
“That`s what I`ll be doing and I`ll be doing my best to try and take wickets and contribute to a NSW win. At the same time I also want to get myself match-ready to be available for hopefully the next Test,” Starc said.
After a lacklustre opening day by the Australian pace attack against South Africa on Friday, many wondered why Starc with a brilliant record in recent months in the shorter forms of the game was overlooked, and there is now a push to have him replace Ben Hilfenhaus in Adelaide.
Joining Starc in the middle with the Blues will be Josh Hazlewood, who was brought into the Australian camp last week with a view of giving him a Test debut later this summer, as well as Doug Bollinger, the left-arm quick whose Test career ended in Adelaide a few summers ago during the forgettable Ashes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended