Statistical Highlight: India Vs England, Day1
Trent Bridge (Nottingham): Statistical highlights of the first day`s play in the second cricket Test between India and England.
• Ishant Sharma has bagged 32 wickets at 23.84 runs apiece in six Tests -- the most by a bowler in 2011. His tally includes two five-fors in an innings and one ten-wicket haul in a Test match.
• While bowling at the second position, Ishant has claimed 96 wickets at an average of 29.65, including three instances of five wickets in an innings and one instance of 10 wickets in a Test match.
• Stuart Broad and Graeme Swann were associated in a partnership of 73 for the ninth wicket -- England`s second highest against India at Trent Bridge -- the highest is 103 between Matthew Hoggard and Craig White in 2002.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni, with Ian Bell`s catch, became the first Indian wicketkeeper and the 10th to complete 100 catches in overseas Tests.
• Stuart Broad (64 off 66 balls) recorded his eighth fifty in Tests -- his second against India. He has posted all his nine innings of 50-plus, including a hundred at home.
• Graeme Swann (28 off 35 balls) recorded his highest innings against India, eclipsing the 24 at Lord`s in the first Test of the current series.
• Praveen Kumar has captured nine wickets at an average of 24.55 -- the most by an Indian bowler in the present rubber so far.
• England (221) recorded their second lowest total against India at Trent Bridge -- the lowest is 198 in 2007.
• Eoin Morgan has recorded two ducks against India – one each at Lord`s and Trent Bridge. Overall, he has registered three ducks in Tests.
• Ian Bell (522 at an average of 104.40) has become the second batsman to complete 500 runs this year. Alastair Cook, with 594 runs at an average of 74.25 is the leading run-getter this year.
• Rahul Dravid, with 433 runs at an average of 54.12 in six Tests as on July 29, is third in the list
• Abhinav Mukund posted his second duck in nine innings -- one each against England and West Indies. Mukund became the third Indian opening batsman to record two first-ball ducks.
• Overall, 16 instances of first--ball ducks have been recorded by the Indian openers.
• Sunil Gavaskar had registered five first-ball ducks -- three against West Indies and one each against England and Pakistan. Virender Sehwag had posted two first-ball ducks -- one each against Pakistan and Sri Lanka.