Statistical highlights: CSK Vs RCB
Bangalore: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League match between Chennai Super Kings and Royal Challengers Bangalore on Sunday.
• Bangalore’s eight-wicket triumph is their largest over Chennai in the IPL, surpassing the six-wicket win at Johannesburg on May 23, 2009.
• Bangalore`s victory is their 30th in the IPL (Lost 29 out of 59 played) - success % 50.84.
• As they have finished top of the points table, Royal Challengers Bangalore have qualified for the Champions League.
• Royal Challengers Bangalore have recorded their fifth win in nine matches against Chennai Super Kings in the IPL.
• Chris Gayle`s brilliant unbeaten 75 off 50 balls is his second fifty in the IPL 4. He has recorded two centuries as well.
• Gayle has aggregated 355 (ave.88.75) in seven innings - the highest so far while chasing in the fourth edition of the IPL.
• Gayle, in the course of his match-winning knock, has completed his 2,000 runs in Twenty20, amassing 2050 at an average of 36.60 in 65 matches.
• Gayle took his tally of sixes to 38 - the most by a batsman in the IPL 2011, extending his record for most sixes in an IPL tournament.
• Gayle has been adjudged MOM five times in nine matches in the IPL 4, equaling Shaun Marsh`s feat in 2008.
• Gayle (974 at an average of 46.38, including two hundreds and four fifties) needs 26 runs to complete 1000 runs in the IPL overall.
• Gayle, with 511 runs at an average of 85.16 in nine innings, is the leading run-getter in the IPL 2011, overtaking Shaun Marsh`s tally of 504 in fourteen matches at an average of 42.00.
• Gayle`s outstanding average of 85.16 is the best by a batsman in the IPL 4. Also his superb strike rate of 187.17 is the highest in the present competition.
• The top three wicket-takers for Bangalore in the IPL 2011 are S.Aravind (16), Zaheer Khan (11) and Daniel Vettori (9).
• Five batsmen have amassed 300 or more for Chennai in the IPL 4 - Michael Hussey (429), Subramaniam Badrinath (362), Suresh Raina (357), Mahendra Singh Dhoni (341) and Murali Vijay (334).
• Dhoni`s overall average of 40.41 is quite impressive -1374 runs, including eight fifties, in 57 matches. Sachin Tendulkar (40.22 in 48 matches) has the next best average in the IPL.
• In the course of his highest ever IPL innings, Dhoni has completed 2000 runs in Twenty20, aggregating 2039 at an average of 37.07, including nine fifties, in 93 matches.
• Dhoni (70 not out off 40 balls) posted his highest knock in the IPL, surpassing the 66 not out off 33 balls against Kolkata at Kolkata on March 16, 2010.
• Dhoni, for the first time, has recorded six sixes during his brilliant knock, taking his tally to 20 - the most by a Chennai batsman in the IPL 2011.
• Dhoni has effected nine dismissals in 14 matches in the IPL 2011. His tally of five stumpings is the most by a wicketkeeper in the IPL 2011.