Chennai: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League final between Chennai Super Kings and Royal Challengers Bangalore.
• Zaheer Khan conceded 455 runs (the most by a bowler in the IPL 4), taking 14 wickets in 15 matches at an average of 32.50.
• Murali Vijay`s 95 is the highest innings by a Chennai player at home in the IPL 2011.
• Chennai recorded 100 runs in 10.3 overs - the quickest 100 registered by them in the IPL 2011.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni recorded 23 sixes - a tally exceeded only by Chris Gayle (44) in IPL 4.
• Gayle`s strike rate of 183.13 is the highest in the IPL 2011.
• Gayle`s tally of 100 boundaries (56 fours + 44 sixes) is the highest by a batsman in an IPL competition.
• Gayle registered seven ducks in Twenty20 - three in 28 matches in the IPL.
• The five leading run-getters in IPL 2011 are – Chris Gayle (608), Virat Kohli (557), Sachin Tendulkar (553), Shaun Marsh (504) and Michael Hussey (492).
• The top five run-scorers for Chennai in IPL 2011 are - Michael Hussey (492), Suresh Raina (438), Murali Vijay (434), Subramaniam Badrinath (396) and Mahendra Singh Dhoni (392).
The three leading wicket-takers for Bangalore in IPL 4 are Sreenath Aravind (21), Zaheer Khan (14) and Daniel Vettori (12).
• The leading wicket-takers in IPL 2011 are Lasith Malinga (28), Munaf Patel (22), Arvind (21) and Ashwin (20).
• Saurabh Tiwary (42 not out off 34 balls) posted his highest innings in IPL 4.
• Zaheer Khan (21) posted his highest innings in IPL 4.
• The leading Chennai wicket-takers in IPL are – Ashwin (20), Bollinger (17), Albie Morkel (15) and Jakati (10).
• Ashwin (3/16) registered his best bowling figures in IPL 2011.
• Murali Vijay was adjudged the Man of the Match for the fourth time in IPL.
• Michael Hussey (63 off 45 balls) recorded his fourth fifty in IPL 2011.
• Hussey has amassed 492 runs at an average of 41.00 in 14 matches in the IPL 2011.
• Murali Vijay`s innings of 95 off 52 balls is the highest in an IPL final.
• Chennai Super Kings became the first side to record victories in two successive IPL finals. They had defeated Mumbai Indians at Mumbai (DY Patil) by 22 runs on April 25, 2010.
• Chennai`s margin of win (58 runs) is the highest in a final of the IPL.
• Royal Challengers Bangalore became the first team to register two defeats in the finals of the IPL. They had lost to Deccan Chargers by six runs at Johannesburg on May 24, 2009.
• Chennai enjoy 100 per cent record, winning all eight games at Chepauk, Chennai in the IPL 4.
• Chennai Super Kings` 205 for five is the highest total in an IPL final, eclipsing their 168 for five against Mumbai Indians on April 25, 2010.
• Chennai`s highest total against Bangalore in IPL is also their highest in the fourth edition of the tournament.
• Michael Hussey and Murali Vijay shared a stand of 159 for the first wicket - the highest by Chennai Super Kings for any wicket in the IPL, eclipsing the 152 between Vijay and Albie Morkel for the third wicket against Rajasthan at Chennai
on April 3, 2010.
• Chennai`s previous best opening stand in the IPL was 106 between Parthiv Patel and Matthew Hayden against Bangalore at Port Elizabeth on April 20, 2009.
• The match-winning 159-run partnership is the second highest in the history of the IPL - the highest being the 206 for the second wicket between Shaun Marsh and Adam Gilchrist for Punjab against Bangalore at Dharamsala on May 17, 2011.