Statistical highlights: Deccan Vs KXIP
Dharamsala: Statistical highlights of the Indian Premier League match between Kings XI Punjab and Deccan Chargers on Saturday.
• Amit Mishra has equalled Yuvraj Singh`s feat of recording two hat-tricks in the IPL.
• Mishra had first recorded the distinction for Delhi Daredevils against Deccan Chargers at Delhi on May 15, 2008.
• Mishra has bagged 19 wickets at an average of 18.84 in 14 matches - the highest for Deccan Chargers in the IPL 2011.
• Adam Gilchrist (51 off 37 balls) has recorded one hundred and two fifties in the IPL 4.
• Gilchrist has extended his sixes` tally in the IPL to 82 - nine more than the next best - Yusuf Pathan`s 73.
• Shaun Marsh became the first player to manage 500 runs in the IPL 4 - 504 (ave.42.00) in 14 matches.
• Marsh is the first batsman to total 500 runs or more in an IPL tournament twice. Marsh had managed 616 (ave.68.44) in eleven matches in 2007-08.
• Mishra`s aggregate of 61 wickets at 18.90 runs apiece in 45 matches is the second best in the IPL, next only to Rudra Pratap Singh`s 64 at an average of 24.59 in 56 games.
• Eight hat-tricks have been recorded in four edition of the IPL.
• Mishra`s outstanding figures of four for nine are the third best for Deccan Chargers in the IPL - the two best being Ishant Sharma`s 5 for 12 against Kochi at Kochi on April 27, 2011 and Rohit Sharma`s 4 for six against Mumbai at Centurion on May 6, 2009
• Punjab have won seven and lost seven out of 14 contested in the fourth edition of the IPL. With fourteen points, Punjab have been placed fifth in the Points Table.
• Deccan Chargers have won six and lost eight out of 14 played in the IPL 2011. With twelve points, Deccan have been placed seventh in the Points Table.
• Piyush Chawla, playing in his 12th game, has conceded 15 sixes - the most by a bowler in the IPL 4.
• Shikhar Dhawan has received his first Man of the Match award in the IPL
• Ravi Teja (60 off 41 balls) has posted his highest innings in Twenty20 - his second fifty.
• Shikhar Dhawan has amassed 400 runs at an average of 33.33, including two fifties, in 14 matches - the highest tally for Deccan in the IPL 4, surpassing Kumar Sangakkara`s
358 (ave.27.53) in 13 matches.
• Dhawan has managed 971 at an average of 27.74 in 43 matches in the IPL. His tally includes eight fifties.
• Deccan Chargers have posted their biggest victory in terms of runs in the IPL. Their 82-run triumph over Punjab has eclipsed their previous highest in terms of runs, surpassing their 55-run win over Kochi at Kochi on April 27, 2011.
• Chargers (198 for 2) have posted their highest total in the IPL 2011 and the second best in the IPL, next only to 214 for five against Rajasthan at Hyderabad on April 24, 2008.
• Shikhar Dhawan (95 not out off 57 balls) has posted his highest innings in Twenty20 - his tenth half-century
• Dhawan`s innings is the highest for Deccan against Punjab in the IPL.
• Dhawan`s superb knock is the third highest individual innings for Deccan, next only to Andrew Symonds` unbeaten 117 against Rajasthan at Hyderabad on April 24, 2008 and Adam Gilchrist`s unbeaten 109 against Mumbai Indians at Mumbai on April 27, 2008.
• Dhawan and Ravi Teja have shared a stand of 131 for the first wicket - Deccan`s best in the present competition,
• The 131-run match-winning stand for the first wicket is Deccan`s second highest for any wicket in the IPL – the highest is 155 (unbroken) between VVS Laxman and Adam Gilchrist for the first wicket against Mumbai at Mumbai on April 27, 2008.
• Gilchrist is the third batsman to amass 1600 runs in the IPL, aggregating 1603 at an average of 27.16 in 60 matches. His tally is bettered only by Suresh Raina (1728) and Sachin Tendulkar (1609) in the IPL.