Statistical highlights: India vs Australia, 1st ODI
Melbourne: Statistical highlights after the one-day international between India and Australia at the MCG, on Sunday.
Australia`s 65-run convincing victory is their second biggest in terms of runs over India at MCG - the largest being the 88-run triumph on January 18, 1992.
Australia enjoys a winning % of 63.26 - 62 wins and 36 defeats out of 106 contested against India (NR 8) – success % 63.26.
Australia`s win is their seventh out of 12 played against India at MCG (lost five).
India (151) recorded their second lowest total against Australia at MCG - the lowest ever is 145 on January 18, 1992.
Vinay Kumar (7-0-21-3) registered his best bowling figures away from home, outstripping the 2 for 51 against Zimbabwe at Bulawayo on May 28, 2010.
Vinay`s performance is his second best in ODIs – the best being 4 for 30 against England in Delhi on October 17, 2011.
Ravindra Jadeja (2.4-0-41-0) produced an economy rate of 15.37 - the worst by an Indian bowler against Australia in an ODI (minimum twelve balls). The economy rate is the second worst by a bowler for India in an innings in ODIs - the worst being Sreesanth`s 16.00 (3-0-48-0) against Sri Lanka at Canberra on February 12, 2008.
Clint McKay (4/20) registered his best bowling figures against India - his second best performance in ODIs - the best being 5/33 against Sri Lanka at Brisbane on November 7, 2010.
McKay`s only other four-wicket haul is 4 for 35 against Pakistan at Perth on January 31, 2010.
McKay became the first Australian bowler to take four wickets in an innings against India at MCG.
Mitchell Starc (2/33) recorded his best bowling performance against India in ODIs.
Starc`s performance is his second best in ODIs – the best being 4 for 27 against Sri Lanka at Brisbane on November 7, 2010.
David Hussey (61 not out off 30 balls) has batted brilliantly to register his seventh fifty in ODIs - his first against India.
David`s last fifty in ODIs was 60 off 60 balls against England at Perth on February 6, 2011.
David`s unbeaten 61 is his highest at MCG, bettering the 52 off 50 balls against South Africa on January 16, 2009.
In terms of strike rate in ODIs, David has posted his second best innings (203.33), next only to the 52 off 21 balls (Strike Rate 247.61) against West Indies at Basseterre on July 6, 2008.
During the course of his 61 not out, David completed his 1,000 runs in ODIs, totalling 1001 at an average of 33.36 in 40 matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire