Statistical highlights: India Vs Australia, 1st T20
Sydney: Statistical highlights of the first Twenty20 International between India and Australia on Wednesday.
• Australia, for the first time, have won three consecutive T20Is against India - by 9 wickets at Melbourne on February 1, 2008; by 49 runs at Bridgetown on May 7,2010 and by 31 runs at Sydney on February 1, 2012.
• Australia have won three matches overall and lost two out of five played against India in T20Is.
• Matthew Wade (72 off 43 balls) has recorded his maidenhalf-century in Twenty20 Internationals. He is the first Australian wicketkeeper to record a fifty in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Wade has got the man-of-the-match award for the first time in T20Is.
• Wade`s brilliant innings is the fourth highest by a wicketkeeper in Twenty20 Internationals. Only Brendon McCullum - 81 not out against Zimbabwe at Harare on October 15, 2011; Kumar Sangakkara - 78 against India at Nagpur on December 9, 2009 and Kamran Akmal - 73 against Bangladesh at Gros Islet on May 1, 2010 - have scored more in an innings as wicketkeeper in T20Is.
• Wade is the fourth Australian to have recorded 70 or more in an innings in T20Is in Australia - the highest is 96 off 56 balls by Damien Martyn against South Africa at Brisbane on January 9, 2006.
• Dhoni has recorded an excellent innings of 48 not out off 43 balls - his highest in T20Is, outstripping the 46 against Sri Lanka at Mohali on December 12, 2009.
• Dhoni, for the first time, has registered three sixes in an innings in T20Is.
• Dhoni has become the fourth batsman to make 500 runs or more for India in T20Is. The leading run-scorers are: Gautam Gambhir (641), Suresh Raina (597), Yuvraj Singh (567) and Dhoni (528).
• Dhoni and Ravichandran Ashwin put on an unbroken stand of 59 for the seventh wicket - India`s highest in Twenty20 Internationals, beating the 28 (unbroken) between Dhoni and Irfan Pathan against New Zealand at Wellington on February 27, 2009.
• David Hussey (2/4) has registered his best bowling figures against India in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Hussey (42 off 30 balls) has registered his highest innings in Twenty20 Internationals in Australia, beating the 41 against New Zealand at SCG on February 15, 2009.
• Hussey`s brilliant innings is his highest against India, outstripping the 35 at Bridgetown on May 7, 2010.
• Rohit Sharma has registered his first duck in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni (528 runs at an average of 27.78 in 29 matches) became the second captain-cum-wicketkeeper after Sangakkara (639 runs at an average of 35.50 in 21 matches) to complete 500 runs in T20Is.
• Stadium Australia, Sydney has become the 51st international ground to host a Twenty20 International.
• George Bailey has become the first Australian cricketer since Dave Gregory (against England at MCG in 1877) to make his international debut as skipper.
• David Warner has become the first Australian player to aggregate 800 runs (ave 26.66) in 30 matches in Twenty20 Internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'