Statistical highlights: India Vs Australia, 1st T20
Sydney: Statistical highlights of the first Twenty20 International between India and Australia on Wednesday.
• Australia, for the first time, have won three consecutive T20Is against India - by 9 wickets at Melbourne on February 1, 2008; by 49 runs at Bridgetown on May 7,2010 and by 31 runs at Sydney on February 1, 2012.
• Australia have won three matches overall and lost two out of five played against India in T20Is.
• Matthew Wade (72 off 43 balls) has recorded his maidenhalf-century in Twenty20 Internationals. He is the first Australian wicketkeeper to record a fifty in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Wade has got the man-of-the-match award for the first time in T20Is.
• Wade`s brilliant innings is the fourth highest by a wicketkeeper in Twenty20 Internationals. Only Brendon McCullum - 81 not out against Zimbabwe at Harare on October 15, 2011; Kumar Sangakkara - 78 against India at Nagpur on December 9, 2009 and Kamran Akmal - 73 against Bangladesh at Gros Islet on May 1, 2010 - have scored more in an innings as wicketkeeper in T20Is.
• Wade is the fourth Australian to have recorded 70 or more in an innings in T20Is in Australia - the highest is 96 off 56 balls by Damien Martyn against South Africa at Brisbane on January 9, 2006.
• Dhoni has recorded an excellent innings of 48 not out off 43 balls - his highest in T20Is, outstripping the 46 against Sri Lanka at Mohali on December 12, 2009.
• Dhoni, for the first time, has registered three sixes in an innings in T20Is.
• Dhoni has become the fourth batsman to make 500 runs or more for India in T20Is. The leading run-scorers are: Gautam Gambhir (641), Suresh Raina (597), Yuvraj Singh (567) and Dhoni (528).
• Dhoni and Ravichandran Ashwin put on an unbroken stand of 59 for the seventh wicket - India`s highest in Twenty20 Internationals, beating the 28 (unbroken) between Dhoni and Irfan Pathan against New Zealand at Wellington on February 27, 2009.
• David Hussey (2/4) has registered his best bowling figures against India in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Hussey (42 off 30 balls) has registered his highest innings in Twenty20 Internationals in Australia, beating the 41 against New Zealand at SCG on February 15, 2009.
• Hussey`s brilliant innings is his highest against India, outstripping the 35 at Bridgetown on May 7, 2010.
• Rohit Sharma has registered his first duck in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni (528 runs at an average of 27.78 in 29 matches) became the second captain-cum-wicketkeeper after Sangakkara (639 runs at an average of 35.50 in 21 matches) to complete 500 runs in T20Is.
• Stadium Australia, Sydney has become the 51st international ground to host a Twenty20 International.
• George Bailey has become the first Australian cricketer since Dave Gregory (against England at MCG in 1877) to make his international debut as skipper.
• David Warner has become the first Australian player to aggregate 800 runs (ave 26.66) in 30 matches in Twenty20 Internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly