Statistical highlights: India Vs Australia, 2nd T20
Melbourne: Statistical highlights of the second Twenty20 International between India and Australia on Friday.
• India`s eight-wicket win is their first in three games against Australia in Australia in Twenty20 Internationals. Australia had won the first two matches against India – by nine wickets at MCG on February 1, 2008 and by 31 runs at Stadium Australia, Sydney on February 1, 2012.
• India`s aforesaid victory is their biggest over a Test nation in Twenty20 Internationals. India had beaten Ireland by eight wickets in the ICC World Twenty20 at Nottingham on June 10, 2009.
• Australia`s total of 131 is the lowest when India have taken all 10 wickets in a Twenty20 International. Pakistan`s 152 at Johannesburg on September 24, 2007 was the previous lowest total when India dismissed all ten players in a Twenty20 International.
• Australia (131) have registered their fourth lowest total in T20Is - the three lowest totals are 79 against England at Southampton on June 13, 2005; 108 against Pakistan at Dubai (DSC) on May 7, 2009 and 127 against Pakistan at MCG on February 5, 2010.
• India`s win is their biggest over Australia, bettering the seven-wicket triumph at Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai on October 20, 2007.
• India and Australia have won three matches each against each other in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Australia (131) have recorded their lowest total against India in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Gautam Gambhir (56 not out) has extended his Indian record for most fifties (7) in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Gambhir has become the first Indian player to record a fifty against Australia in Australia in Twenty20 Internationals. He is also the only Indian batsman to register two fifties against Australia.
• Gambhir has taken his batting average to 30.30 thanks to his unbeaten fifty against Australia - 697 runs in 25 Twenty20 Internationals.
• Rahul Sharma (2/29) has recorded his best bowling performance in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Ravindra Jadeja has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the first time in Twenty20 Internationals.
• David Hussey and Michael Clarke share an Australian record for most appearances (34) in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Shaun Marsh has posted his second duck in Twenty20 Internationals - he had first recorded a duck against Sri Lanka at Pallekele on August 8, 2011.
• Matthew Wade (104 at an average of 52.00) became the first player to amass 100 runs or more in a bilateral series between India and Australia in Twenty20 Internationals.
• Praveen Kumar (2/21) has recorded his best bowling performance against a Test-playing country in Twenty20 Internationals. His best ever figures are 2 for 14 against Afghanistan at Gros Islet on May 1, 2010.
• Aaron Finch`s average in Twenty20 Internationals is 104.00 - 104 in three innings. He became the first player to manage 100 runs or more apart from averaging 100 or more in Twenty20 Internationals.
• In Australia`s total of 131, four run-outs were witnessed - their first such instance in this format. England, New Zealand, Australia, Ireland, Afghanistan, Scotland and Bangladesh have recorded one such instance.
• For India, the aforesaid instance was the second. They had first achieved the feat against New Zealand (190) at New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg on September 16, 2007.
• Virender Sehwag (23) has posted his highest innings against Australia in Twenty20 Internationals.
• The 43-run opening stand between Sehwag and Gambhir is their highest in 14 international innings outside the sub-continent.