Statistical highlights: India Vs Australia, Brisbane ODI
Brisbane: Statistical highlights of the seventh One-day international of the triangular series between India and Australia on Sunday.
• Australia`s splendid win by 110 runs is their fifth largest over India in terms of runs in ODIs.
• Australia`s excellent win is the biggest by any team by runs` margin at Gabba, bettering the 94-run triumph by Sri Lanka against South Africa on January 17, 2006.
• Peter Forrest (52 off 71 balls) has registered his second fifty in ODIs - his highest is 66 against India at Adelaide on February 12, 2012.
• Forrest has participated in a win for the first time.
• Brett Lee took his wickets tally to 54 (ave. 20.90) in 31 matches against India - the most by an Australian bowler against India in ODIs.
• Lee is averaging 20.60 in Australian wins - 286 wickets in 148 matches, including eight instances of five wickets in an innings.
• Lee has taken his tally of wickets in Australia to 161 at an average of 22.96 in 90 matches. He has equalled Glenn McGrath`s record of 161 wickets at 20.22 apiece in 96 ODIs in Australia.
• Michael Hussey (59 off 52 balls) has registered his seventh fifty against India - his 36th in ODIs.
• Michael Hussey is averaging 54.07 in Australian wins, aggregating 2920 runs in 115 matches, including one century and 20 fifties.
• Michael Hussey has become the 13th Australian batsman to manage 5,000 runs in ODIs, amassing 5002 at an average of 50.52 in 142 ODIs.
• Michael Hussey took 142 innings to reach the coveted milestone of 5000 runs. He is the sixth quickest to reach the milestone for Australia. Dean Jones had taken least number of innings (128), followed by Matthew Hayden (133) and Michael Bevan (135).
• Hussey has become the second Australian batsman after Michael Bevan (6912 runs at an average of 53.58 in 232 matches) to manage 5000 runs besides averaging 50 or more in ODIs.
• Ben Hilfenhaus, for the first time, has recorded a five-wicket haul in ODIs.
• Hilfenhaus is the third Australian bowler after Brett Lee (5/27 against India on February 3, 2008) and Clint McKay (5/33 against Sri Lanka on November 7, 2010) to produce a five-wicket haul in ODIs at Gabba.
• Hilfenhaus, for the first time, has received the Man of the Match award in ODIs.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni (56 off 84 balls) has registered his 45th fifty in Limited-Overs Internationals - his fourth against Australia.
• Dhoni is averaging 52.47 in chases - 2991 runs in 107 matchs, including two centuries and 21 fifties.
• Australia, at Gabba, have won three games and lost two against India.
• Australia (288/5) have recorded their highest total against India at Brisbane, outstripping the 284 on January 18, 2004.
• David Warner (43 off 46 balls) has posted his highest innings against India in ODIs.
• The 70-run opening partnership between Matthew Wade and Warner is Australia`s highest in 13 ODIs.
• The above partnership is Australia`s highest for the first wicket against India at Brisbane, beating the 46 between Adam Gilchrist and Matthew Hayden on January 18, 2004.
• Irfan Pathan (3/61) has produced his best bowling figures at Gabba, surpassing the 3 for 64 against Australia on January 18, 2004.
• Pathan, with 9 wickets at 26.88 runs apiece in six matches, is the leading Indian bowler at Gabba.
• Ricky Ponting has earned a dubious distinction, recording five single-digit scores in succession - 2, 1, 6, 2 & 7 - for the first time in ODIs.
• Matthew Wade`s superb 45 off 67 balls is his second highest innings in ODIs, next only to the 67 against India at MCG on February 5, 2012.
• David Hussey, with 244 at an average of 81.33 in five game, is the leading run-getter in the CB series 2011-12. He is followed by Gambhir (193), Dhoni (191) and Chandimal (188).
• Matthew Wade (five catches)has effected five dismissals in an ODI for the second time. He had accomplished the feat for the first time against Sri Lanka at WACA Ground, Perth on February 10, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj