Statistical highlights: India vs Sri Lanka
Adelaide: Statistical highlights of the fifth One-day international of the triangular series between India and Sri Lanka on Tuesday.
• Sri Lanka (236/9) have registered their second highest total against India in Australia in ODIs - their highest is 238 for six at Adelaide on February 19, 2008.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the first Indian wicketkeeper to effect 25 dismissals or more in the Australian Tri Series. His aggregate of 26 dismissals in fourteen matches includes 22 catches and four stumpings.
• Dhoni became the first wicketkeeper to take 50 catches for India against Sri Lanka in ODIs. His tally reads 65 dismissals - 51 catches and 14 stumpings in 48 games.
Boucher and Dhoni share a record for most catches as wicketkeeper against Sri Lanka in Limited-Overs Internationals. Boucher has effected 55 dismissals – 51 catches + 4 stumpings - in 35 ODIs against Sri Lanka.
• The Adelaide ODI has provided the first tied result between Sri Lanka and India.
• For Sri Lanka, the said game was their fourth tied match in ODIs - one each against New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa and India.
• The said game was the sixth tied match for India – two each against England and Zimbabwe and one each against West Indies and Sri Lanka.
• Adelaide Oval has recorded the first ever tied game in ODIs - the fourth in tri-series in Australia.
• For the first time, Gautam Gambhir (91 off 106 balls), has registered 90 or more in consecutive innings in Australia - 92 against Australia on February 12, 2012 and 91 against Sri Lanka on February 14, 2012 - both at Adelaide Oval.
• Overall, Gambhir has registered four scores in the nervous nineties in ODIs - two against Sri Lanka and one each against Australia and Bangladesh.
• Gambhir has posted his 30th fifty in ODIs - his sixth against Sri Lanka.
• Gambhir has managed 707 runs at an average of 64.27 in 13 innings while chasing against Sri Lanka, including a hundred and six fifties.
• In his last four innings while chasing against Sri Lanka, Gambhir`s scores have been 150 not out at Kolkata on December 24, 2009; 71 at Dhaka on January 10, 2010, 97 at Mumbai on April 2, 2011 and 91 at Adelaide on February 14, 2012.
• Gambhir is the leading run-scorer in the 2011-12 Commonwealth Bank series, amassing 188 runs at an average of 62.66 in three games.
• In the course of his 15, Virat Kohli has completed his 3,000 runs in ODIs, amassing 3001 at an average of 46.16 in 75 innings, including eight centuries and nine fifties.
• Kohli has recorded 3,000 runs in 75 innings – the fastest by an Indian batsman and the fourth quickest in ODIs. Vivian Richards holds a record having taken 69 innings, followed by Gordon Greenidge (72) and Gary Kirsten (72).
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the16th time in ODIs - his fifth against Sri Lanka.
• Dhoni`s brilliant unbeaten 58 off 69 balls is his 20th fifty while chasing. He has aggregated 2935 runs at an average of 52.41 in 87 innings, including two hundreds and twenty fifties.
• Dhoni`s batting stats against Sri Lanka while chasing are excellent - 1001 runs at an average of 83.41, including one hundred and nine fifties, in 20 innings.
• Dhoni, playing in his 200th ODI, has posted his 44th fifty - his 15th against Sri Lanka.
• Vinay Kumar took his wickets` tally to 9 at an average of 20.11 in four matches - the most by a bowler in the CB series, 2011-12.
• Vinay (10-1-46-3) has produced his best figures against Sri Lanka in ODIs, eclipsing the 1 for 56 at Perth on February 8, 2012.
• Tillakaratne Dilshan (6000 at an average of 34.68 in 227 matches) became the seventh Sri Lankan batsman to complete 6,000 runs or more in ODIs. His feat of reaching 6000 runs in 203 innings is the fourth quickest by a Sri Lankan player in Limited-Overs Internationals.
• The Sri Lankan record for reaching 6000 runs in the least number of innings is held by Marvan Atapattu (180) followed by Kumar Sangakkara (192) and Aravinda de Silva (194).
• Dinesh Chandimal (81 off 91 balls) has recorded his third innings of fifty-plus in a row against India - 111 at Harare on June 5, 2010; 64 at Perth on February 8, 2012 and 81 at Adelaide on February 14.
• Chandimal has aggregated 256 runs at an average of 85.33, including a hundred and two fifties, in three innings against India.
• Chandimal has recorded five half-centuries in ODIs - two against India. Chandimal has registered four fifties in his last seven outings.
• Chandimal`s 81 off 91 balls is the second highest by a Sri Lankan batsman against India in Australia. Kumar Sangakkara had made 128 at Adelaide on February 19, 2008.
• Chandimal and Jayawardene were associated in a stand of 94 for the fourth wicket - Sri Lanka`s highest against India in Australia.
• Ravichandran Ashwin`s bowling figures of 10-1-30-2 are his best in terms of economy rate away from home in ODIs.
• Sachithra Senanayake (22 not out) has posted his highest innings in ODIs.
• Lasith Malinga has posted his second duck against India - his 11th in ODIs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400