Statistical highlights: India Vs West Indies, 3rd ODI
Ahmedabad: Statistical highlights of the third one-dayer between India and the West Indies at Ahmedabad.
• Ravi Rampaul (4/57), for the third time against India, has taken four wickets or more in an innings – his career-best figures being 5 for 51 at Chennai on March 20, 2011.
• Rampaul has claimed four wickets or more seven times in ODIs.
• Rampual has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the second time in ODIs -- both against India.
• Virat Kohli has taken his aggregate to 1278 at an average of 45.64 in 32 ODIs this year, requiring 38 runs to overtake Jonathan Trott`s tally of 1315 at an average of 52.60 in 29 games.
• The six leading run-getters this year in ODIs are Jonathan Trott (1315), Virat Kohli (1278), Shane Watson (1139), Kumar Sangakkara (1127), Mohammad Hafeez (1075) and Mahela Jayawardene (1032).
• West Indies posted their fourth victory in five ODIs against India at Motera. Overall, the West Indies have won five matches out of seven played at Motera.
• West Indies (260/5) posted their second highest total against India at Motera, next only to the 324 for four on November 15, 2002.
• After registering 11 wins in a row (a record) in India, India`s winning streak ended with their 16-run loss.
• Parthiv Patel`s 39 off 35 balls is his highest under Virender Sehwag`s captaincy, eclipsing the 27 against Bangladesh at Dhaka on April 16, 2003.
• Patel`s strike rate of 111.42 is his highest in an ODI in India.
• Virender Sehwag registered his 13th duck in ODIs – his second against West Indies. He posted his first duck as an Indian skipper in ODIs.
• Andre Russell (40 not out off 18 balls) registered strike rate of 222.22 -- his highest in ODIs when he has posted atleast 25.
• Russell`s knock is his third highest in ODIs, behind the 92 not out off 64 balls against India at North Sound on June 11, 2011 and 49 off 46 balls against England at Chennai on March 17, 2011.
• Marlon Samuels (58 off 93 balls) recorded his 22nd fifty in ODIs - his sixth against India.
• Darren Sammy`s 41 not out off 17 balls is his highest innings against India - his fourth best in ODIs.
• Sammy and Russell were involved in a partnership (unbroken) of 79 for the sixth wicket off just 34 balls at a run rate of 13.94 - the highest run-rate by a West Indies pair for any wicket against India (minimum 50 runs).
• Gautam Gambhir registered his third duck against the West Indies -- his ninth in ODIs. He has averaged 5.33 in the present series -- 16 runs in three innings.
• Rohit`s sixth fifty against the West Indies (including fourth in succession) is his eleventh in ODIs, commencing from 57 at Kingston on June 16, 2011.
• Rohit`s 95 off 100 balls (his highest against the West Indies) is the second highest for India against the West Indies at Motera, behind an unbeaten 109 by Rahul Dravid on November 15, 2002.
• Rohit took his runs` tally in the present series to 257 at an average of 128.50 in three ODIs.
• Rohit is the leading run-getter in the present series. He became the first batsman to post three consecutive fifties in the present rubber - 72 at Cuttack, 90 not out at Visakhapatnam and 95 at Motera.
• Rohit, for the first time in ODIs, has recorded three successive fifties,
• Ravichandran Ashwin (31 off 64 balls) recorded his highest innings against the West Indies, surpassing the 15 at North Sound on June 13, 2011.
• The 91-run stand between Rohit and Ashwin is a record for India against the West Indies for the seventh wicket in ODIs, eclipsing the 88 (unbroken) between Rohit Sharma and Harbhajan Singh at North Sound on June 11, 2011.
• Abhimanyu Mithun (23) registered his second highest innings in ODIs, next only to the 24 off 23 balls against South Africa at this venue on February 27, 2010.
• Umesh Yadav (11 not out) posted his highest innings in ODIs.
• The 28-run 10th wicket partnership between Mithun and Yadav is India`s highest against the West Indies at Motera.
• Rohit enjoys a splendid record against the West Indies, averaging 75.57 - 529 in eleven innings, including six fifties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets