Statistical Highlights: India Vs West Indies, Day 2
Mumbai: Statistical highlights of the second day`s play in the third and final cricket Test between India and West Indies on Wednesday.
• Darren Bravo (166 off 284 balls) has posted his highest innings against India - his second highest overall in Tests, behind the 195 against Bangladesh at Dhaka in October 2011.
• Bravo`s superb innings of 166 is the third highest by a West Indian against India at Wankhede Stadium - the top two innings being an unbeaten 242 by Clive Lloyd in 1974-75 and 187 by Alvin Kallicharran in December 1978.
• Bravo has performed quite well in his first 13 Tests - - 1107 at an average of 52.71, including three centuries and six fifties.
• Bravo has completed his 900 runs this year - 901 at an average of 50.05 in ten Tests - the highest by a West Indian in 2011.
• Ravichandran Ashwin has so far bagged 17 wickets at an average of 27.52 in three Tests - the best ever bowling performance by an Indian bowler on debut in a three-Test series.
• Ashwin had captured 9 wickets in the Delhi Test, followed by 4 at Eden Gardens and 4 so far at Wankhede Stadium.
• Two Indian bowlers had bagged 15 wickets in a three-Test series on debut - Ravi Shastri (15 at 18.46 runs apiece against New Zealand in 1980-81) and Venkatesh Prasad (15 at 25.00 runs apiece against England in 1996).
• Marlon Samuels (61 off 103 balls) has recorded his fourth fifty against India - his 13th in Tests.
• Samuels (499 at an average of 38.38 in 8 Tests) needs just one run to complete his 500 runs against India in Tests.
• Samuels has averaged 35.82 in overseas Tests as against his average of 22.44 in 15 Tests in the West Indies.
• West Indies (575/9) need 25 runs to register their second total of 600 or more at Wankhede Stadium. In the 1974-75 Test, they had made 604 for six wickets declared.
• Kirk Edwards (86 off 165 balls) has recorded his second highest innings against India in Tests, behind the 110 at Roseau in July 2011. His record after six Tests is quite impressive - 578 in 11 innings at an average of 57.80, including two hundreds and three fifties.
• Kieran Powell (81) has recorded his best ever innings in Tests, bettering the 72 against Bangladesh at Dhaka in October 2011.
• Bravo and Edwards have shared a stand of 164 for the third wicket - West Indies` highest against India in India.
• The aforesaid stand is the third highest for the West Indies against India - the highest is 220 between Alvin Kallicharran and Vivian Richards at Bridgetown in March 1976.
• Bravo and Powell put on 160 for the fourth wicket - West Indies` highest against India at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
• In the West Indian innings, No.1 to 6 have posted 50-plus - the first such feat for the West Indies and the fifth in Tests. Three such instances are against India – by Pakistan at Lahore in 1989-90 and Karachi in 2005-06 and West Indies at Mumbai in 2011-12.
• Ravichandran Ashwin (4/154) has recorded his second best bowling performance in Tests - his best are 6 for 47 at Delhi in the first Test of the present rubber.
• Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the first wicketkeeper to effect five dismissals in an innings five times for the West Indies.
• Dhoni has become the second Indian wicketkeeper after Kiran More to effect five dismissals in an innings against West Indies - Chepauk in January 1988.
• Dhoni has achieved the feat five times - once each against Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Bangladesh and the West Indies.