Statistical Highlights: India Vs West Indies, Day 3
Mumbai: Statistical highlights of the third day`s play in the third and final cricket Test between India and West Indies on Thursday.
• Rahul Dravid has recorded 1,000 runs or more in a calendar year for the third time. He had managed 1357 (ave. 59.00) in 16 Tests in 2002 and 1095 (ave.60.83) in 12 Tests in 2006.
• Dravid has posted his fifth innings of 50-plus at Wankhede Stadium - his only hundred being an unbeaten 100 (retired hurt) against the West Indies in 2002-03.
• Dravid has posted his 62nd Test fifty - his 13th against the West Indies. His tally of 1945 (ave.64.83) in 23 Tests is the second highest by an Indian batsman against the West Indies. Sunil Gavaskar had managed 2749 (ave.65.45) in 27 Tests.
• Ravichandran Ashwin (5/156) has registered his second five-wicket haul in Tests - his best is 6 for 47 in the Delhi Test. His tally of 18 wickets at 26.11 runs apiece is a record by an Indian bowler on debut in a three-Test series.
• Ashwin is one of the five Indian bowlers to take five wickets or more in an innings against the West Indies at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai. He has joined Harbhajan Singh (7 for 48 in 2002-03), Venkatapathy Raju (5 for 60 in 1994-95), Bhagwat Chandrasekhar (5 for 116 in 1978-79) and Shivlal Yadav (5 for 131 in 1983-84).
• West Indies (590) have posted the third highest total at Wankhede Stadium - the two highest being 604 for six wickets declared by West Indies against India in 1974-75 and India`s 591 against England in 1992-93.
• Darren Bravo has managed 356 runs at an average of 71.20 in five innings in the present series, including two hundreds - the most on either side in the present rubber. The performance is Bravo`s career-best in a Test series.
• Playing in his tenth Test against the West Indies, Virender Sehwag (37) has totalled 828 runs at an average of 51.75, including two hundreds and four fifties.
• Gautam Gambhir (55 off 99 balls) has posted his highest innings at Wankhede. In the 2004-05 Test against Australia, he had recorded single-digit scores - 3 & 1.
• Gambhir has recorded his second fifty against the West Indies - his 18th in Tests.
• Under Dhoni`s captaincy, Gambhir is averaging 50.86 - 1933 runs in 23 Tests. His tally includes five hundreds and twelve fifties.
• Gambhir has aggregated 183 (ave. 45.75) in the present series - 183 in four innings, including two fifties.
• Virender Sehwag, with a six off Sammy, has moved to the joint second position with West Indian, Brian Lara and South African, Jacques Kallis. All three have posted 88 sixes and only Adam Gilchrist has posted more sixes in Tests than Lara, Kallis and Sehwag.
• Sachin Tendulkar, in the course of his unbeaten 67, has completed his 800 runs at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, aggregating 801 in 9 Tests at an average of 57.21, including one century and seven fifties.
• Tendulkar`s unbeaten 67 is his second highest against the West Indies at Wankhede Stadium - the highest being 85 in November 1994.
• Tendulkar`s only hundred at this venue is 148 against Sri Lanka in December 1997.
• With his 63rd fifty, Sachin has emulated Allan Border`s tally. Both share a world record for registering most fifties in Tests.
• Sehwag and Gambhir have recorded their fourth successive fifty-plus stand for the first wicket in the current series - 89 & 51 at Feroz Shah Kotla, 66 at Eden Gardens and 67 at Wankhede Stadium.
• Gambhir and Sehwag have aggregated 3835 at an average of 58.10 in 69 innings. They have registered ten stands of 100 or more besides posting 23 fifty-plus - the most by an Indian opening pair.
• Dravid became the second batsman in Test annals to complete 13,000 runs, achieving the distinction in his 277th innings (160 Tests). Tendulkar took 266 innings (163 Tests) to perform the feat of reaching 13,000 Test runs.
• Dravid became the first batsman to total 1,000 runs in Tests this year, aggregating 1034 at an average of 60.82 in 20 innings (11 Tests).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?