Mumbai: Statistical highlights of the fourth day`s play in the third and final cricket Test between India and West Indies on Friday.
• The first two innings of the match have witnessed eleven innings of fifty or more - Six for the West Indies and five for India - which is a record in a Test match. The previous best tally was ten, registered six times in a Test match - the last occasion being Sri Lanka vs India at Colombo, SSC in July 2010.
• Sachin Tendulkar became the third Indian batsman after Rahul Dravid and VVS Laxman to manage 200 runs or more in the current series - 215 at an average of 53.75 in three Tests, including two fifties.
• Darren Bravo, with 383 runs at an average of 76.00 in six innings, is the top run-getter in the rubber – his career-best performance in a Test series.
• Ravichandran Ashwin (103 off 118 balls) has recorded his maiden Test hundred. His excellent knock is the third highest by India`s number eight batsman against the West Indies in Tests, next only to 144 by Mahendra Singh Dhoni at Kolkata in 2011-12 and 115 not out by Ajay Ratra at St John`s in 2002.
• Ashwin`s hundred is the 13th instance when a number eight batsman has recorded a hundred - the most by a Test team.
• Ashwin became the first Indian all-rounder to post a century and claim five wickets in an innings in the same Test match in India.
• Ashwin is the third Indian overall to achieve the double. He has joined Vinoo Mankad (72 & 184 and 5/196 & 0/35 against England at Lord`s in 1952) and Polly Umrigar (56 & 172 not out 5/107 & 0/17 against West Indies at Port of Spain in 1961-62).
• Jacques Kallis, the great South African all-rounder is the last to perform the aforesaid double - against the West Indies in the 1998-99 Cape Town Test - a feat repeated by him against Bangladesh in the 2002-03 Potchefstroom Test.
• Ashwin is one of the twenty all-rounders to accomplish the aforesaid double - the 27th occasion in Test cricket.
• India (482) have posted their highest total against the West Indies at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, bettering the 463 in November 1983.
• India`s aforesaid total is their fourth highest at Wankhede Stadium - the highest three are - 591 against England in February 1993, 517 for 5 wickets declared against Australia in October 1986 and 512 against Sri Lanka in December 1997.
• Virat Kohli (52) has posted his maiden Test half-century, surpassing the 30 against the West Indies at Roseau in July this year.
• Sachin has been a victim of nervous nineties ten times - the first man to be dismissed ten times in Tests – an unwanted feat in Tests. Two other players have recorded ten innings in the nervous nineties. Steve Waugh (twice not out against England) and Rahul Dravid (once not out against Australia).