Statistical highlights: India vs West Indies, Day 5
Mumbai: Statistical highlights of the fifth day`s play in the third and final cricket Test between India and West Indies on Saturday.
• With a series win by 2-0, India, for the first time, have recorded four series wins in succession over the West Indies.
• The drawn Test match at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai is the 44th between the two teams out of 88 contested i.e. 50 per cent. India have won 14 and lost 30.
• A total of 1448 runs were recorded in the Wankhede Test for the loss of 39 wickets - the highest run-aggregate accomplished by India and West Indies on Indian soil – the second highest overall between the two countries, behind the 1478 at an average of 38 wickets at Port of Spain in April 1971. Both the teams have totalled 724 runs each in the Mumbai Test - WI 590 + 134 and India 482 + 242.
• For the second time in Test annals, a Test has been drawn with the scores being level - the 1996-97 Bulawayo Test was the first to witness the said feat. Zimbabwe had made 610 (376 + 234) and England 610 (406 + 204/6)
• Virat Kohli (63) has posted his career-best innings in Tests - his second fifty. For the first time, he has recorded a fifty in each innings of a Test match - 52 and 63.
• Virender Sehwag (60 off 65 balls) has recorded his 30th Test fifty - his fifth against the West Indies. Since making an excellent 63 against South Africa at Centurion in December 2010, Sehwag`s 60 is his highest score in 13 innings in Tests.
• Sehwag (7980 at 52.15 in 92 Tests) is all set to complete his 8000 runs in Tests in Australia.
• Pragyan Ojha (6/47) has recorded his best ever bowling figures in a Test innings, bettering the 6 for 72 at Feroz Shah Kotla, Delhi in the recently concluded series.
• Ojha has taken the first five wickets to fall in a Test innings for the first time in a Test innings.
• Ojha has produced a career-best performance in a Test series - 20 wickets at an average of 22.50. He now has exactly 50 wickets in ten Tests in India.
• Darren Bravo has become the second West Indian player to amass 400 runs or more in a three-Test series against India in India, aggregating 404 at an average of 67.33. Jimmy Adams was the first to achieve the feat, totalling 520 runs (ave.173.33) in the 1994-95 series.
• Bravo is the sixth batsman to make 400 runs in a three-Test series against India in India. Besides the two West Indians - Adams and Bravo - Australia`s Matthew Hayden and the three Pakistanis - Younis Khan, Misbah-ul-Haq and Inzamam-ul-Haq - have achieved the distinction.
• The six leading run-getters in terms of run-aggregate in the series are - Bravo (404), Dravid (319), Laxman (298), Sehwag (245), Edwards (227) and Tendulkar (218).
• Ravichandran Ashwin is the leading wicket-taker in the series, claiming 22 wickets at an average of 22.90.
• Ashwin`s Test figures of 9 for 190 are his second best in a Test match, behind the 9 for 128 in the Feroz Shah Kotla Test. His series tally is the highest by an Indian bowler on debut in a three-Test series and the third highest for India.
• Rahul Dravid, in the fourth innings, has managed 1540 at an average of 41.62 in 55 innings, bettering Sachin Tendulkar`s aggregate of 1518 at an average of 38.92 in 54 innings.
• West Indies, in their second innings, could make 134 - the difference of 456 - West Indies` highest and the fourth highest in a Test match. Pakistan`s two innings had a difference of 551 (106 & 657/8d) against West Indies at Bridgetown in 1957-58, a record in Tests.
• Ravichandran Ashwin has been adjudged the Man of the Match for the second time. He got the first Player of the series award as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS