Statistical highlights: Royal Challengers Bangalore Vs South Australia Redbacks
Bangalore: Statistical highlights of the Champions League Twenty20 match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and South Australia Redbacks.
• Shaun Tait (5/32) has registered his best bowling figures in Twenty20 - his first instance of five wickets in an innings.
• Tait has become the first bowler to bag five wickets in an innings for South Australia in Twenty20. He is the first bowler to capture five wickets in an innings in the Champions League Twenty20, surpassing Ravi Rampaul`s 4 for 14 for Trinidad & Tobago against Leicestershire at Hyderabad on September 20, 2011.
• Virat Kohli (70 off 36 balls) has posted his first fifty in the Champions League Twenty20 - his 9th in Twenty20.
• Kohli is the first batsman to make 300 runs for Bangalore in the Champions League Twenty20, totalling 329 in 13 matches at an average of 32.90.
• Kohli has justifiably been adjudged the Man of the Match - his second award in the CL Twenty20.
• Daniel Harris (108 not out off 61 balls) has posted his career-best innings - his maiden century in Twenty20.
• Harris became the first batsman to register a century for South Australia in Twenty20, eclipsing the 98 off 62 balls against Victoria at Melbourne on January 2, 2009.
• Harris is the third player after Andrew Puttick and David Warner to record a hundred in the Champions League Twenty20.
• Bangalore (215/8) have posted the highest total in the Champions League Twenty20 - their highest in Twenty20, bettering the 206 for six against Somerset at Bangalore on October 3, 2011.
• South Australia (214/2) have posted the second highest total in the Champions League Twenty20. The said total is also their highest in Twenty20, outstripping the 202 for seven against Victoria at Adelaide on January 7, 2010.
• Bangalore, with their thrilling two-wicket victory, have equalled their narrowest victory margin in terms of wickets in Twenty20. They had won by two wickets against Chennai at Durban on May 14, 2009.
• For the first time, Bangalore have posted a victory off the last ball in Twenty20. The said win is the fifth highest successful chase in Twenty20 - the highest in the CL T20.
• The aforesaid instance is the fifth when a side has won off the last ball in the Champions League Twenty20.
• The match has produced 429 runs - a record in the Champions League Twenty20, bettering the 402 for nine between Eagles and Trinidad & Tobago at Hyderabad on October 18, 2009.
• Ferguson (70 off 43 balls) has recorded his fifth fifty in Twenty20. He is the top run-getter for South Australia in the Champions League T20, totalling 347 in nine games at an average of 57. 83, including four fifties.
• Sreenath Aravind (4-0-69-0) has recorded the second worst figures in the history of Twenty20 - the worst is 4-0-81-0 by Sarmad Anwar for Sialkot Stallions against Lahore Lions at Faisalabad on June 25, 2011.
• Harris and Ferguson were involved in a second wicket stand of 114 - South Australia`s highest in the Champions League Twenty20.
• Chris Gayle took his sixes` tally to 147. David Hussey (167) and Ross Taylor (164) are the only two players to have recorded more sixes than Gayle in Twenty20.
• Kohli and Dilshan have shared a stand of 100 - Bangalore`s highest stand for any wicket in the Champions League Twenty20, bettering the 93 between Rahul Dravid and Ross Taylor against Delhi at Bangalore on October 17, 2009.
• Dilshan (74 off 47 balls) has recorded his first fifty in the Champions League Twenty20 - his 15th in Twenty20.