Statistical highlights: Somerset Vs Warriors
Bangalore: Statistical highlights of the Champions League Twenty20 match between Somerset and Warriors on Wednesday.
• Somerset`s 12-run triumph is their second narrowest in terms of runs in the Champions League Twenty20 - the lowest being 11-run win over Kolkata at Hyderabad on September 21, 2011.
• Murali Kartik (2/23) has registered his best bowling performance in the present tournament.
• Alfonso Thomas (2/16) has deservingly got a Man of the Match award - his fifth in Twenty20.
• Thomas has bagged 13 wickets (ave. 17.38) in 10 games in the Champions League Twenty20 - the most for Somerset.
• Rusty Theron has captured six wickets at an average of 14.50 in four matches - the most for Warriors in the current competition.
• Peter Trego has recorded his seventh duck in Twenty20.
• Wayne Parnell has registered his second duck in Twenty20.
• Craig Kieswetter (56 off 52 balls) has recorded his tenth fifty in Twenty20. The said knock is his first fifty in the Champions League Twenty20.
• Somerset became the third team after New South Wales and Mumbai Indians to qualify for the semis. With twelve-run victory, they are placed at the top with five points in Group B.
• Jon-Jon Trevor Smuts (38 off 39 ballsl) took his run-aggregate to 184 (ave.46.00) in four matches - the ost for Warriors in the present tournament.
• Kieswetter and Buttler were associated in a stand of 60 for the fourth wicket - Somerset`s highest in the Champions League Twenty20.