Steve Smith added to Australian Ashes squad
London: All-rounder Steve Smith has been added to the Australia squad for the Ashes, beginning July 10.
Commenting on the decision, National Selector John Inverarity said, “Steve Smith has been added to the Australian Ashes squad until the beginning of the second Test when it will be reviewed. Given David Warner is unavailable for the upcoming tour games against Somerset and Worcestershire and while Michael Clarke continues to make good progress from a back injury, we feel further batting cover is required."
“Ashton Agar is to accompany the Ashes squad until the beginning of the second Test as a development player. This will be similar to the situation when Mitchell Starc accompanied the ODI, T20 and Test Squads on the tour to West Indies in 2012 as a development player."
“Fawad Ahmed will return to Australia tomorrow (Monday) while he goes through the processes required of him to become an Australian citizen and remains a player of interest to the National Selection Panel.”
Australia will play tour matches against Somerset (June 26-29) and Worcestershire (July 2-5) before taking on England in the first Test starting July 10 at Nottingham.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir