Steve Waugh joins Keralites in Vishu celebrations
Kollam: Former Australia skipper Steve Waugh celebrated the harvest festival `Vishu` with the locals here by lighting the traditional lamp to mark the beginning of New Year according to the local calender.
Waugh delighted the locals here with his presence at a private function.
The festival is believed to signal good fortune in the coming year.
His former teammates such as Ricky Ponting, Adam Gilchrist and Brett Lee are busy playing in the cash-rich Indian Premier League (IPL).
Waugh was here to mark the launch of the operations of the Australia-based OGM Technical Institute, of which he is the brand ambassador.
Waugh, 47, led Australia in 15 of their world-record 16 consecutive Test wins and to the 1999 World Cup title, playing 168 Tests and collecting 10,927 runs.
He has also scored over 7500 runs in 325 One-day Internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price