Steve Waugh joins Keralites in Vishu celebrations
Kollam: Former Australia skipper Steve Waugh celebrated the harvest festival `Vishu` with the locals here by lighting the traditional lamp to mark the beginning of New Year according to the local calender.
Waugh delighted the locals here with his presence at a private function.
The festival is believed to signal good fortune in the coming year.
His former teammates such as Ricky Ponting, Adam Gilchrist and Brett Lee are busy playing in the cash-rich Indian Premier League (IPL).
Waugh was here to mark the launch of the operations of the Australia-based OGM Technical Institute, of which he is the brand ambassador.
Waugh, 47, led Australia in 15 of their world-record 16 consecutive Test wins and to the 1999 World Cup title, playing 168 Tests and collecting 10,927 runs.
He has also scored over 7500 runs in 325 One-day Internationals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman